Thread: Would you do ICF by form family? - does a generic wall family for ICF introduce human error, re coursing?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Would you do ICF by form family? - does a generic wall family for ICF introduce human error, re coursing?

I lost my original post.

I'm headed into some ICF work, and I've noticed that there are ICF families for the individual form pieces available from suppliers; or you could make them.

To me the most efficient approach would be to use the premade wall family. If you do this, you then have to manage form coursing manually. This introduces human error.
    If you were to assemble and perhaps link in a file that built the ICF installation form by form, you would know the coursing works, and which forms were cut.

Does anyone have an approach for this?

Would a model of a custom home with all those ICF families be totally unmanageable?

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Would you do ICF by form family? - does a generic wall family for ICF introduce human error, re coursing?

I have used ICF's (Insulated Concrete Forms) for a residential project as well. I took the approach of using a modified wall to accurately represent the ICF wall structure (2.5" Insulation, 8" Concrete, 2.5" Insulation). I didn't worry about coursing as long as my wall dimension followed the ICF planning guide. I then used detail components I created based upon the manufacturer we where going to use. If it is available from the manufacturer you're looking to use, read the planning guide. I believe mine was based upon the outside face of concrete, and the insulation didn't matter. Best of luck.

Cheers,
    Jeff S.