Thread: Can an array of parking stalls be made to snap to the parking stall dimension when stretched?

Login to Give a bone

Default Can an array of parking stalls be made to snap to the parking stall dimension when stretched?

I know somebody must have tried this at somepoint but I'm not having any luck finding an example. I'd like to make a line based family of parking stalls that will snap to the width of the parking stall instead of simply adding stalls equally along the length of the line. Anybody know if this is possible?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Can an array of parking stalls be made to snap to the parking stall dimension when stretched?

Just some ideas:
    Yes, it's possible.
    You can do an IF/THEN statement that changes the spacing as you drag the line. IF X > 8'-0" = off sort of thing.
    You could technically do it using a curtain wall family - set to a 8'-0" distance for Type 1 and a 9'-0" for Type 2, etc... and build a "panel" that is actually a parking stall. (I"m just saying I've seen it done...)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but you could also do it as a nested arrayed family, where you could set the spacing you wanted by type and take care of the number in the parameters.

ALSO, bonus. You could set a parameter to be read in a schedule to give you a "count" of how many stalls you have (regular and ADA).