See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Batch Plotting Issue

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Batch Plotting Issue

Issue 1:
    I don't know if this started when I upgraded to version 2014 or if it started when my hard drive was reformatted shortly after that. Anyway, here is my issue. When I go to publish a folder of files, the files to seem to get sent to the printer until AutoCAD is finished publishing. I think they are all queuing up on my local system and only getting released once the whole batch is done. This can be a substantial delay.

Issue 2:
    I don't know if this is a bug or a system issue. From version 2012 to 2014, when I go to select the files I want to batch plot, it takes a while to actually select them. That's not so bad. The bigger problem is that if I select too many, AutoCAD just sits with the progress donut spinning. It basically freezes. Then I have to kill it, restart it, then publish in smaller subsets to achieve my goal.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Batch Plotting Issue

Publish has always worked in this way afaik... When sending a batch of prints, it releases them all at once.

I would say your second issue is a machine issue, we also went from 2012 to 2014 and I can't say that I've noticed that.

Login to Give a bone

1+

I've historically had issue with publish as well, which is why I mostly rely on AUTOPUBLISH now to automagically spit out a PDF when I save my sheet drawings... I did end up having to tinker a bit to get AUTOPUBLISH to work properly (i.e., only produce PDFs for exhibits, and sheets, not model/XREFs, etc.).

If you stick with PUBLISH, send smaller batches... If memory serves, I would only send 20-50 individual layouts at a time max.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

for issue 1, look at the PUBLISHCOLLATE setting.

0 A published sheet set is processed one sheet at a time. Separate PLT files are created for each sheet. If the sheet set is published, the sheets might be interleaved with other plot jobs.
    1 A published sheet set is processed as a single job. A multi-sheet PLT file is created. If the sheet set is published, it is never interleaved with other plot jobs.