See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MgdDbg for AutoCAD 2015

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: MgdDbg for AutoCAD 2015

Quote Originally Posted by _gile View Post
    Some APIs have been moved, some others removed.
    Look at the ObjectARX 2015 docs: ObjectARX\docs\arxmgd.chm > Migration Guide > .NET Migration Guide.
    I get it, thank you

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hi gile and sniper,

I have the bundle copied into the ApplicationPlugins subdirectory. So where do I go to snoop the (drawing's) database. In AutoCAD 2014 I right click on the drawing, select MgdDbg, then select Snoop Database, and this starts up the viewer which shows me the block data which I want to inspect. Shown below are the contents of the PackageContents.xml. Where on the AutoCAD 2015 menu do I go to snoop the (drawing's) database.

Code:
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
    <ApplicationPackage SchemaVersion="1.0" AutodeskProduct="AutoCAD" ProductType="Application" Name="DWG MgdDBG" AppVersion="1.0.0" Description="Debugging tools for AutoCAD - MgdDBG" Author="Fenton Webb" Icon="./Contents/Resources/resource/Inspector.jpg" AppNameSpace="adn.exchange.autodesk.com" OnlineDocumentation=" " HelpFile="./Contents/Resources/helpfile.html" ProductCode="{DB35F952-289A-4453-A46D-B424A6FCFDFB}" UpgradeCode="{E5B78003-2D7B-490F-B947-65D804392151}" SupportedLocales="Enu">
      <CompanyDetails Name="Autodesk" Phone=" " Url=" www.autodesk.com" Email=" adn.autodesk.com" />
      <RuntimeRequirements OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD|AutoCAD*" SeriesMin="R18.2" SeriesMax="R20.0" />
      <Components Description="AutoCAD 2012">
        <RuntimeRequirements OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD*|AutoCAD" SeriesMin="R18.2" SeriesMax="R18.2" />
        <ComponentEntry AppName="DWGMgdDBG" Version="1.0.0" ModuleName="./Contents/Resources/DWGMgdDbgSource/bin/DebugA2012/MgdDbg.dll" AppDescription="Debugging tools for AutoCAD - MgdDBG" LoadOnAutoCADStartup="True" />
      </Components>
      <Components Description="AutoCAD 2013">
        <RuntimeRequirements OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD*|AutoCAD" SeriesMin="R19.0" SeriesMax="R19.0" />
        <ComponentEntry AppName="DWGMgdDBG" Version="1.0.0" ModuleName="./Contents/Resources/DWGMgdDbgSource/bin/DebugA2013/MgdDbg.dll" AppDescription="Debugging tools for AutoCAD - MgdDBG" LoadOnAutoCADStartup="True" />
      </Components>
      <Components Description="AutoCAD 2014">
        <RuntimeRequirements OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD*|AutoCAD" SeriesMin="R19.1" SeriesMax="R19.1" />
        <ComponentEntry AppName="DWGMgdDBG" Version="1.0.0" ModuleName="./Contents/Resources/DWGMgdDbgSource/bin/DebugA2014/MgdDbg.dll" AppDescription="Debugging tools for AutoCAD - MgdDBG" LoadOnAutoCADStartup="True" />
      </Components>
      <Components Description="AutoCAD 2015">
        <RuntimeRequirements OS="Win32|Win64" Platform="AutoCAD*|AutoCAD" SeriesMin="R20.0" SeriesMax="R20.0" />
        <ComponentEntry AppName="DWGMgdDBG" Version="1.0.0" ModuleName="./Contents/Resources/DWGMgdDbgSource/bin/DebugA2015/MgdDbg.dll" AppDescription="Debugging tools for AutoCAD - MgdDBG" LoadOnAutoCADStartup="True" />
      </Components>
    </ApplicationPackage>
    Andrew
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2015-07-22 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Please use [CODE] Tags

Login to Give a bone

MgdDbg commands are only acccessed via the shortcut menu. There are no ribbon tabs, etc.
    C:> ED WORKING....

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

And here we are in 2016.
    I tried to use the supplied files, but when I loaded MgdDbg.sln from DWGMgdDbgSource into MVS2013Community,
    I re-defined the references to AcCoreMgd,AcMgd,AcDbMgd in the MgdDbgA2015-project
    and simply tried to re-build, but several errors (and 2 warnings ... not important , I think) were listed:

Error 1 No overload for method 'GetDBModel' takes 0 arguments GraphicsSystem.cs 133 60 MgdDbgA2015
    Error 2 No overload for method 'GetGUIDevice' takes 0 arguments GraphicsSystem.cs 134 62 MgdDbgA2015
    Error 3 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.AbstractViewTableRecord' does not contain a definition for 'RenderMode' and no extension method 'RenderMode' accepting a first argument of type 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.AbstractViewTableRecord' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) SymbolTable.cs 146 63 MgdDbgA2015
    Error 4 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.GraphicsSystem.View' does not contain a definition for 'Mode' and no extension method 'Mode' accepting a first argument of type 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.GraphicsSystem.View' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) GraphicsSystem.cs 166 57 MgdDbgA2015
    Error 5 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.GraphicsSystem.Configuration' does not contain a definition for 'UseDisplayLists' and no extension method 'UseDisplayLists' accepting a first argument of type 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.GraphicsSystem.Configuration' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) GraphicsSystem.cs 213 70 MgdDbgA2015
    Warning 6 The variable 'intType' is assigned but its value is never used QueryEntTests.cs 277 23 MgdDbgA2015
    Error 7 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Database' does not contain a definition for 'IsEmr' and no extension method 'IsEmr' accepting a first argument of type 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Database' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) RxObject.cs 329 54 MgdDbgA2015
    Warning 8 The variable 'intType' is assigned but its value is never used QueryEntTests.cs 343 23 MgdDbgA2015
    Error 9 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Viewport' does not contain a definition for 'RenderMode' and no extension method 'RenderMode' accepting a first argument of type 'Autodesk.AutoCAD.DatabaseServices.Viewport' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?) Entity.cs 1044 68 MgdDbgA2015
    Even after reading the migration guide for ObjectArx2016 and .NET I couldn't make out what to do, it all just is over my head.
    So, is there a new release from someone more experienced than me?

Login to Give a bone

It *appears* that nobody at Autodesk has taken on the maintaining of this utility, since Fenton left ADN for his promotion.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    It *appears* that nobody at Autodesk has taken on the maintaining of this utility, since Fenton left ADN for his promotion.
    It would be nice if we fork this project on github and maintain it, it helped me understand AutoCAD database structure.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by thesniper2003eng View Post
    It would be nice if we fork this project on github and maintain it, it helped me understand AutoCAD database structure.
    That's a great idea, honestly - we just need to get *some* help from Autodesk on that project with each release, otherwise someone here in volunteerland needs to cull the SDK/API changes each-and-every-single release (for each vertical as well?).

Would be neat to provide/publish NuGet package as well.

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    That's a great idea, honestly - we just need to get *some* help from Autodesk on that project with each release, otherwise someone here in volunteerland needs to cull the SDK/API changes each-and-every-single release (for each vertical as well?).

Would be neat to provide/publish NuGet package as well.

Cheers
    Let's start it, If someone can start this project, I will dedicate effort and time to develop it (I am not very good in structuring a new program)

I suggest we use C#

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by thesniper2003eng View Post
    Let's start it, If someone can start this project, I will dedicate effort and time to develop it (I am not very good in structuring a new program)

I suggest we use C#
    I'd love to, I really would, but just being honest - my job is literally working me to death, right now (and for the past +/- year, mind you, it's really not healthy to work this much).

As for language, C# is the only way to go for any project that's going to garner wide support for others to contribute, etc., IMHO.

Cheers

Computer Specs:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12