Thread: Revit Problem: Generic Model Component displays in Incorrect plan Views

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit Problem: Generic Model Component displays in Incorrect plan Views

To explain: I have created a project model - a row townhouse type building - with levels at Cellar, Basement (ground floor - this is NYC) 1st, 2nd, 3rd, Roof. each level has a Floor Plan and RCP set up. Basically, the exterior walls and floors, windows and various custom modeled cornices were in place. I modeled as a Generic Model component the front stoop and loaded and placed it in the drawing at the Basement level. in the 1st Floor plan view the stoop looked as it should in plan. Everything looked correct in all of the plan views. This morning I added walls enclosing the Cellar as well as Cellar floor slabs. At some point in this process the plan views got a little wacky: the Basement Plan and RCP looked as they should _ cut through the stoop. BUT, the Cellar Floor plan shows the stoop from the top (full plan view, no cut). the first Floor plan view now shows the stoop as if it were a level below - slightly grayed. PLUS, in the cellar RCP there are no walls. The stoop correctly displays in the sections and elevations.

I have deleted and reloaded the stoop. I have deleted and re-created the Cellar level. All of the plan views are at Revit defaults.

I am pretty facile with Autocad but relatively new to Revit. So, I am having a hard time intuiting the relationships between components, levels, plan views, etc. and any associated variables.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Problem: Generic Model Component displays in Incorrect plan Views

Well, I think that i solved this. And like the inexperienced user I am it was somewhat simple. i just had to adjust the view ranges for the plans and ceilings. Now everything seems OK.