Thread: Demo Rooms

Wish List Administration

Default Demo Rooms

Summary: Add demo option to rooms/spaces for tagging in demo drawings.

Description: Lots of projects in today's project environment involve reworking of existing spaces, including demolishing large numbers of rooms before new work renovations. Room objects themselves should have the demolished phase added to them in order to facilitate creating demo drawings.

Currently spaces are either new or existing, and with demo being a subset of New Work, adding room tags to demo drawing for demolished rooms is completely backwards, in that it requires an entirely separate view for each demo drawing that contains only room tags to be overlaid on top of the demo work view on each sheet. Not even close to reasonable, and I am surprised this is still a problem (since it has been in evidence from at least 2009).

Add a "phase demolished" setting to rooms and it should all be fixed.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: Shelby Urbanek on 05/30/2014

All AUGI, all the time

Default Re: Demo Rooms

What does it mean to demo a room? Does it mean to demo the floor, walls, doors, windows, ceilings, ductwork, registers, light fixtures, power outlets, data outlets, etc., etc.? Aren't all those individual elements already defined in respective demo packages?

Personally, I have never tracked demolished rooms, and I have never seen that done.

Wish List Administration

Exclamation Re: Demo Rooms

Demo Rooms

Summary: Add demo option to rooms/spaces for tagging in demo drawings.

Description: Lots of projects in today's project environment involve reworking of existing spaces, including demolishing large numbers of rooms before new work renovations. Room objects themselves should have the demolished phase added to them in order to facilitate creating demo drawings.

Currently spaces are either new or existing, and with demo being a subset of New Work, adding room tags to demo drawing for demolished rooms is completely backwards, in that it requires an entirely separate view for each demo drawing that contains only room tags to be overlaid on top of the demo work view on each sheet. Not even close to reasonable, and I am surprised this is still a problem (since it has been in evidence from at least 2009).

Additionally, rooms only show up in views set to the phase of the room itself. If rooms had the same phasing settings as walls, doors, ceilings, floors, and almost every other relevant object, this whole thing would not be a problem.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: Shelby Urbanek on 05/30/2014

Default Re: Demo Rooms

Basically I want to be able to tag rooms in the demo drawings without having to create a second view to overlay on top of the actual floor plan view. Rooms still don't have the standard phasing controls that walls etc. do and I think they should. Another issue I've had is needing the same room in both the existing and new work phases. But having existing rooms on the "New Work" phase makes them show up in my room finish schedule. And I realize there are ways to work around that, but there shouldn't need to be a workaround for phasing these things.