Thread: Project Navigator Sheets Disappearing

Login to Give a bone

Default Project Navigator Sheets Disappearing

I am working on setting up the sheets of a new project in PN. This is my first real project using PN. When I create a new subset and then create a sheet in that subset, it will open the sheet and I can manipulate it and do everything I need to. When I close it, and try to reopen it later, it has mysteriously disappeared in PN along with the subset it is in. Also, the default architectural subsets and sheets that I have deleted have all reappeared. See the attached snapshot to see what defaults are coming in. This has happened multiple times now. I tried repathing the project but for some reason PN wont even let me do that anymore. That just started happening when I started creating these sheets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Project Navigator Sheets Disappearing

I am still having this problem. I cant even create a sheet anymore without this box coming up. I have attached another screenshot showing what box is coming up. Please help!!! I dont want to have to create a whole new project to fix this.Sheets Issue.JPG

Login to Give a bone

Since all of my users have always had vanilla, I never got into the habit of using the PN myself, stuck with plain old sheet sets. But, my first thought is a network connectivity or backup thing.

Are you working off a central server? Any chance the modified files are being overwritten by a backup restore done by IT? or, regarding the second error there, any chance you're experiencing connectivity issues where you're logged off of the network and then have to log back in... that could throw an error and result in data loss.

Aside from that, I'm not certain what it could be.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

I have checked to see if any of the files have been overwritten. The weird thing is that the files never even make it to the folders. It's like they were never even created. Then that message pops up and I cant even navigate away from the sheets tab. I have to close autocad out completely, open it back up, and refresh the project. Only then can I quickly open PN and go back to the constructs tab. I have to do it quickly though or else that message pops up and I have to do it all over again.

Login to Give a bone

I am having an issue creating sheets in Project Navigator. When I go to the sheets tab in PN a message pops up that says "Cannot find the data. The sheet set may have been changed by others. Please refresh the project." and it wont allow me to create a subset or sheet. I have tried refreshing the project, closing the project and refreshing it. I have found a previous version of the .dst file and replaced the current one. I have tried everything I could think of. Can any one help me get this to go away? I have attached a screenshot of the message.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JHARSH View Post
    I am having an issue creating sheets in Project Navigator. When I go to the sheets tab in PN a message pops up that says "Cannot find the data. The sheet set may have been changed by others. Please refresh the project." and it wont allow me to create a subset or sheet. I have tried refreshing the project, closing the project and refreshing it. I have found a previous version of the .dst file and replaced the current one. I have tried everything I could think of. Can any one help me get this to go away? I have attached a screenshot of the message.
    When I see messages like this its always due to the dst file being in use or locked somehow.
    Check the projects dst file size and modified date, then add some sheets and check the date and size of the dst file, did either change?
    If so then it appears that the dst file can be written to.
    How about the sheet folder(s), can they be written to, are the files for the new sheets you are making showing up in them?
    There should be 3 files for each sheet you have, dwg, bak and xml.

The xml file is important because if you don't have it for a particular sheet then that sheet wont appear in the PN even if there is a dwg file for it

Before trying the following make a backup copy of the entire project!!

As a last resort you can try closing MEP and deleting the projects dst file. It will be recreated the next time you start MEP and load the project, you will see a "Sheet Set Warning" dialog telling you that a new sheet set will be created".
    Last edited by jshimkus; 2014-07-17 at 04:31 PM.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by JHARSH View Post
    I am working on setting up the sheets of a new project in PN. This is my first real project using PN. When I create a new subset and then create a sheet in that subset, it will open the sheet and I can manipulate it and do everything I need to. When I close it, and try to reopen it later, it has mysteriously disappeared in PN along with the subset it is in. Also, the default architectural subsets and sheets that I have deleted have all reappeared. See the attached snapshot to see what defaults are coming in. This has happened multiple times now. I tried repathing the project but for some reason PN wont even let me do that anymore. That just started happening when I started creating these sheets. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    I have used the Project Navigator in AutoCAD Architectural since 2006. I create my own sheet sets off of a basic sheet set with my Custom Title block in it that has things automatically populated for me on each sheet. I know that you can not use a different release version of a sheet set and have it work. Example you can not use a 2013 sheet set while using 2014. I have to set my custom sheet sets up every time I load the new version.

I would want to see the views tab and your project Browser showing your projects and see that the current one you are working on is in bold (which means that it is the current project).
    Next I would make sure that in the views tab I have selected the model space view of the project or part of the project that I am working on. Then look at your sheet set and make sure that all those plus signs to the left side of the different categories have been clicked and expanded to see what is behind it.

Another check you can do is to go to your Crive or what ever drive you have your CAD files on and under My Documents then Autodesk select My Projects go to the project you are having problems with and look at the sheets and see if they show up. If you have multiple files that show up click on each one to see what is there.

Have you sent a support request to Autodesk direct from inside the file? They have always been a great help when I ran into problems because then are working with your file and can see what happened to it.

Brent

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by brentnbutler934974 View Post
    I have used the Project Navigator in AutoCAD Architectural since 2006. I create my own sheet sets off of a basic sheet set with my Custom Title block in it that has things automatically populated for me on each sheet. I know that you can not use a different release version of a sheet set and have it work. Example you can not use a 2013 sheet set while using 2014. I have to set my custom sheet sets up every time I load the new version.

I would want to see the views tab and your project Browser showing your projects and see that the current one you are working on is in bold (which means that it is the current project).
    Next I would make sure that in the views tab I have selected the model space view of the project or part of the project that I am working on. Then look at your sheet set and make sure that all those plus signs to the left side of the different categories have been clicked and expanded to see what is behind it.

Another check you can do is to go to your Crive or what ever drive you have your CAD files on and under My Documents then Autodesk select My Projects go to the project you are having problems with and look at the sheets and see if they show up. If you have multiple files that show up click on each one to see what is there.

Have you sent a support request to Autodesk direct from inside the file? They have always been a great help when I ran into problems because then are working with your file and can see what happened to it.

Brent
    Why can't you use the same sheet set from a prior version? I've cleaned mine up a bit to remove some unnecessary subfolders but it's the same file. I'm now having issues where a project is started in the "new" version, sheets are set up and then we come back the next day to find the sheets are missing but all the files still exist in windows explorer. This has happened twice in ACAD MEP 2014 since we upgraded a few weeks ago. Any thoughts?