See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Lines at corners

Login to Give a bone

Default Lines at corners

Revit newbie here - how do I get rid of 'construction ' lines which appear at some corners of my model and not others. The walls are all jointed at the corners using the trim/extend to corner tool and I have tried to use joint geometry tool but it doesn't make a difference. If I render the walls with brickwork etc the black lines remain. Your help is much appreciated. Please see drawing attached below.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Lines at corners

You might have more luck getting answers if you post in the Revit sub-forums (I'd move the thread, but I'm just a lurker 'round here).

To answer your question, start by making sure your corners are fully trimmed 'cause they should mostly clean up - see the "Trim" tool on the modify tab. If that doesn't fix it, try the "Join" tool.

Login to Give a bone

I'm assuming these are solids and not surfaces. It looks like you made the walls section by section, correct? If so, you are seeing the corner of one of those sections. To get rid of this you can join the solids together - which should make those lines go away if the edges are flush with each other.

What I like to do is draw the wall outlines using a closed polyline and extrude that.

Quote Originally Posted by madcad View Post
    Revit newbie here - how do I get rid of 'construction ' lines which appear at some corners of my model and not others. The walls are all jointed at the corners using the trim/extend to corner tool and I have tried to use joint geometry tool but it doesn't make a difference. If I render the walls with brickwork etc the black lines remain. Your help is much appreciated. Please see drawing attached below.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for info- I will draw with polylines and trust that that will fix problem