See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been currently loaded for this document.

Login to Give a bone

Default The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been currently loaded for this document.

Hi,

I am using Visual Studio 2013 together with Revit 2015.

When I hit Start debugging, Revit is fired up and I get yellow triangles against all my breakpoints in Visual Studio. I've been Googling for hours, however, no solution can be found.

Has anyone dealt with such problem and what was the workaround?

Best

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: The breakpoint will not currently be hit. No symbols have been currently loaded for this document.

Hi there,

I don't know if you resolved this problem or not, but i struggled with this irritating problem for some time.
    I am new at NET programming with reasonable experience with lisp and an little with VBA programming.
    The many solutions that are suggested on the internet didn't do it for me, after I tried many settings I eventually created a new project in VS2013 with the addin for revit 2015 and added all my existing .vb files and rebuild my poject.

Now if I first start revit, open a project and run my custom command, the required dll-file is loaded in the memory. Ater that in Visual Studio I attach revit.exe after a few seconds the yellow triangles don't appear and now the breakpoints are hit when I run my command.

Maybe this can work for you or anyone else with the same irritating problem.

Regards,

Gerard