See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Autodesk360

Login to Give a bone

Default Autodesk360

Hi all
    has any one tried to use autodesk360
    I am currently working on site in a different state and I need to send some drawings back to the office so they can plot them and send them off to a local client.

Every time I try to upload the sheet files to the cloud only the sheet is uploaded but not the drawings that are xref'd on the sheet by auto cad sheet manager.

I am at the stage when I am trying to find a local printer to plot my drawings and post them back to the office.
    can any one help please.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk360

Maybe not the answer you are looking for.....

But why not print the files to a pdf, dwf, or another file format that can be print and send those files to your 360 account. This way you know everything has plotted correctly and all the other office has to do is send the files off to the printer without having to make sure that the drawings look correct.

To get the drawings to work, I believe (not a 100% on this) you need to either bind all of the reference information into that drawing or create an etransmit which will include all of the drawing information such as images, xref, etc. The issue is that the other office might have to recreate paths or might run into other issues that might not generate the correct results.

If all the other office is doing is plotting, I would just send them a file that they can just plot instead of the CAD files.

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for getting back to me
    I have tried PDF before but for some reason it does not plot the same as the original and the drawing always ends up at -5,-5 instead of 0,0 for the bottom left hand corner.
    If you can help with this I would greatly appreciate it
    In the mean while I found a local printer (not so easy in a small town) but he was able to plot the dwgs and I posted them off .

One good thing depending on how you look at it, I dropped my laptop and broke it so I had to buy a new one with all the problems that entails but when I logged on to 360 and sync'd my settings all of the templates and sheets were installed
    I am sort of impressed by this as I was not looking forward to setting the whole thing up again
    I hope I can get 360 to work with the drawings as I believe it might be a good thing.

Login to Give a bone

Binding the xrefs works. I have an unresolved problems in that Auotdesk 360 does not read xclips. This deficiency renders the uploads useless.

Login to Give a bone

If you are having issues with remote parties printing your PDFs, then I'd suggest creating DWF files and sending them 360 has far to many negatives to be worth bothering with at this point.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by john-jr View Post
    I have tried PDF before but for some reason it does not plot the same as the original and the drawing always ends up at -5,-5 instead of 0,0 for the bottom left hand corner.
    Do you mean that when you print to PDF, the resulting PDF does not appear like it should to you?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |