Thread: Titleblocks

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Titleblocks

Afternoon all,

I'm in the process of setting up titleblocks for my company. I've created a few different sizes, A4, A3, A2 etc and would like to have a common group of information on all of them. So that if at any point I wanted to update the companies logo for instance, I could move it on the central group and have it update on all linked sheets. As opposed to opening each sheet to make any changes. I would also use it for editing the format of title blocks, as these will likely come into discussions when employees review the titleblocks I've created.

I've tried saving a group of information separately as an rfa and adding this to titleblock families, but when I update the 'master' the changes do not update on the sheets..

I also tried saving the information as a family but these cannot be added into titleblocks for some reason.

I'm probably not taking the right approach to what I want to achieve, I'm sure revit has a clever way of doing this but I can't find it!

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Titleblocks

Create one title block family with different types for A4, A3...(use visibility parameter) so then you'll have everything in one place and it will be easier to update

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Titleblocks

Quote Originally Posted by jkbanfield674980 View Post
    Afternoon all,

I'm in the process of setting up titleblocks for my company. I've created a few different sizes, A4, A3, A2 etc and would like to have a common group of information on all of them. So that if at any point I wanted to update the companies logo for instance, I could move it on the central group and have it update on all linked sheets. As opposed to opening each sheet to make any changes. I would also use it for editing the format of title blocks, as these will likely come into discussions when employees review the titleblocks I've created.

I've tried saving a group of information separately as an rfa and adding this to titleblock families, but when I update the 'master' the changes do not update on the sheets..

I also tried saving the information as a family but these cannot be added into titleblocks for some reason.

I'm probably not taking the right approach to what I want to achieve, I'm sure revit has a clever way of doing this but I can't find it!

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Many thanks

are you refering to a parameter when u say "group of information"? if you are creating new "fields" or parameters you need to read up on project vs. shared vs. family parameters

you will have a few project and shared most likely in your titleblock

project parameters are just that...they go by a project by project base and need to get put into your template/project

shared parameters will load into the project when you load in the family (same reason why you can schedule manufacturers shared parameters when you pull in online content)