Thread: Help! Jagged and wrong corners in blocks

Login to Give a bone

Unhappy Help! Jagged and wrong corners in blocks

Hello,
    This is a very odd issue, sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn't. I can't track when it happens or why.
    I know and 100% sure my snapping is accurate.

Anyway, almost all walls display like this.
    If I open it on another workstation, it looks perfect without issue. After awhile it appears again.
    Go to a third workstation - work for a while and the same issue pops.

Sometimes I create a wall, insert it to a new unique block and as soon as I do edit-in-place it appears to be jagged again although it wasn't that way when I saved.

1.JPG
    2.JPG

What I might be missing?

edit:

Please someone at least tell me i'm not the only one with this.

It not a display issue. Exported the model to ACAD and even opend it in 3Ds Max - it is indeed something with the geometry.

What frustrates me is that some blocks appear to be perfect but other, much simpler are total disaster.
    Last edited by pbe; 2014-06-21 at 06:57 PM. Reason: panic

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Help! Jagged and wrong corners in blocks

Seriously? I am the only one with 2 different workstations that behave like this?

Login to Give a bone

Assuming that by "blocks" you mean "Walls", then no, I have never seen what I assume are cleanup issues like those pictured in your first post. Can you post the specifications of the workstation(s) on which this occurs (OS, 32- or 64-bit, processor, amount of RAM, video card)? Can you attach a sample file in which this happens?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by dkoch View Post
    Assuming that by "blocks" you mean "Walls", then no, I have never seen what I assume are cleanup issues like those pictured in your first post. Can you post the specifications of the workstation(s) on which this occurs (OS, 32- or 64-bit, processor, amount of RAM, video card)? Can you attach a sample file in which this happens?
    Yes. I mean walls.
    Also, sometimes doors and windows randomly change locations. It is very annoying.

All these issues are solved when I open and close ACA but after a few more 'edit-block-in-place' it all happens again. So most of the time I'm busy reopening ACA instead of working on the project.

I have two workstation and both behave exactly the same:

1:
    ASUS Sabertooth X79 + i7 3930K stock.
    32GB RAM
    128GB SSD
    ASUS GTX 780
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    ACA 2014

2:
    ASUS P9X79 Deluxe + i7 3930K stock.
    32GB RAM
    128GB SSD
    EVGA GTX 770 (last week I had Quadro 4000 and the same issue remains)
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    ACA 2014

I can't attach a sample file because you wouldn't see anything. This issue appears over time.
    I can save an issued file, reopen it and everything appears to be normal as soon as I reopen it.

Basically it won't be a problem if it was only a display issue, but 3Ds Max imports all models with geometry issues.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by pbe View Post
    Yes. I mean walls.
    Also, sometimes doors and windows randomly change locations. It is very annoying.

All these issues are solved when I open and close ACA but after a few more 'edit-block-in-place' it all happens again. So most of the time I'm busy reopening ACA instead of working on the project.

I have two workstation and both behave exactly the same:

1:
    ASUS Sabertooth X79 + i7 3930K stock.
    32GB RAM
    128GB SSD
    ASUS GTX 780
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    ACA 2014

2:
    ASUS P9X79 Deluxe + i7 3930K stock.
    32GB RAM
    128GB SSD
    EVGA GTX 770 (last week I had Quadro 4000 and the same issue remains)
    Windows 8.1 Pro
    ACA 2014

I can't attach a sample file because you wouldn't see anything. This issue appears over time.
    I can save an issued file, reopen it and everything appears to be normal as soon as I reopen it.

Basically it won't be a problem if it was only a display issue, but 3Ds Max imports all models with geometry issues.
    Assuming you have a decent amount of free space on the hard drives, those computers should be more than capable of running ACA 2014. Since the problem appears after working in the file for a period of time, I initially thought that you might be running low on available memory, but 32 GB is more than any computer on which I have ever worked and should be plenty.

If I understand what you are doing correctly, you have Walls within AutoCAD block references, and the Walls all appear correctly when first opening the file, but after some time (particularly after using edit-in-place to revise the block references), the Wall cleanup starts to fail. Some time back, we had a project with a number of repetitive patient rooms, and we used block references to avoid having to make any changes multiple times. I recall some users having issues where the Walls would not cleanup properly all of the time, but it was not always after an edit-in-place session. You might try using the OBJRELUPDATE command; this forces a "super" regeneration, including AEC object relationships that REGEN does not always do. You can either select individual objects, or press ENTER without selecting any objects to regenerate the entire drawing. (That command can be typed at the Command: line or found on the View ribbon tab, on the Appearance panel, on the Regenerate flyout, Regenerate Model tool.