We had just installed a number of Autodesk 2015 products to a small group of staff for template development and evaluation a week ago. Today, I came across (2) cases where users were launching or running standalone NON-Autodesk products, and when the application was launching or running, it kicked off an Autodesk secondary installer trying to configure one of the new 2015 Autodesk products that were installed.

One instance was with AcroPlot Matrix, when you chose to "Insert Multiple Files..." from the Document pulldown, the secondary installer for AutoCAD Utility Design would start and chug for a little bit before a permissions related error came up. Once the secondary installer was canceled, the appropriate dialog for AcroPlot would come up and the program would resume as normal.

AcroPlot Error Message.png

The other instance was with Carrier's HAP application. When we launch HAP, the secondary installer for Navisworks Simulate starts. Again, the secondary install would stop with a permissions error, but the permissions error indicated it was for AutoCAD this time. Once the error was closed and the secondary installer closed, HAP continued normally. HAP would also again trigger this when running one of the calculation functions (forget which off hand).

For the AcroPlot case, we ended up updating Acroplot, and this seemed to resolve the issue.

It appears files are being incorrectly associated with Autodesk products when Autodesk products are installed. Others in my IT group have indicated this has been a problem with previous versions of Autodesk products as well.

I am curious if anyone else has ran into this. Or if anyone has suggestion on fixing this other than reinstalling software.

Thank you.