Thread: Various software applications trigger Autodesk secondary installer

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Various software applications trigger Autodesk secondary installer

We had just installed a number of Autodesk 2015 products to a small group of staff for template development and evaluation a week ago. Today, I came across (2) cases where users were launching or running standalone NON-Autodesk products, and when the application was launching or running, it kicked off an Autodesk secondary installer trying to configure one of the new 2015 Autodesk products that were installed.

One instance was with AcroPlot Matrix, when you chose to "Insert Multiple Files..." from the Document pulldown, the secondary installer for AutoCAD Utility Design would start and chug for a little bit before a permissions related error came up. Once the secondary installer was canceled, the appropriate dialog for AcroPlot would come up and the program would resume as normal.

AcroPlot Error Message.png

The other instance was with Carrier's HAP application. When we launch HAP, the secondary installer for Navisworks Simulate starts. Again, the secondary install would stop with a permissions error, but the permissions error indicated it was for AutoCAD this time. Once the error was closed and the secondary installer closed, HAP continued normally. HAP would also again trigger this when running one of the calculation functions (forget which off hand).

For the AcroPlot case, we ended up updating Acroplot, and this seemed to resolve the issue.

It appears files are being incorrectly associated with Autodesk products when Autodesk products are installed. Others in my IT group have indicated this has been a problem with previous versions of Autodesk products as well.

I am curious if anyone else has ran into this. Or if anyone has suggestion on fixing this other than reinstalling software.

Thank you.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Various software applications trigger Autodesk secondary installer

Hello!

My firm has run into the same issue as well whenever we load HAP as well as FlaCOM. Have you been able to find any solution to this for HAP? We only use AutoCAD so that is the only launcher that comes up for us.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi jbisda,

I do not have a solution for this yet. I was working with Autodesk on this where they suggested I COMPLETELY uninstall/reinstall all Autodesk products, and when this didn't work, suggested I reinstall HAP, which didn't make a difference either. I went on vacation, they closed my case, and I haven't had an opportunity to pick it up again yet. I thank you for this reminder to reopen my case.

I will post the result if/when I get it.

Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Dear zride91,
    I don't know if you ever found the answer, but we have had this problem on two of our computers. The problem we found lies in an old DLL file. When the latest file was installed over the old DLL file, the problem was fixed.
    Thanks,
    Jimmy

Login to Give a bone

Which DLL file?

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Hi Jimmy,
    Sorry, I did not see your reply. No, we never found a solution. Like saking, I too am interested to hear more specifics on what you did to resolve.
    Was the DLL that you replaced belonging to the application triggering the install, or was it for the Autodesk product trying to be installed? What did you do to replace/update the DLL, did you reinstall the Autodesk or triggering application?
    Thank you!

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Hello All,
    I was having this problem for awhile with Carrier's HAP (Hourly Analysis Program) and AutoCad 2016/2015 trying to do the extra/secondary install, too. It also happened with a couple other programs but wasn't more than an annoyance until Titus TEAM programs failed to run completely.

I found in another thread that one of these engineering programs changed/installed an old version of the file C:/Windows/SysWOW64/Dzip32.dll

I renamed the Dzip32.dll to (1)Dzip32.dll (an arbitrary name) and it seemed to solve the problem.

To be completely honest I just upgraded to Design Suite 2017 and only notice that the secondary install problem was fixed after that, so maybe downloading and reinstalling Autodesk products help.

Hopefully this helps others,
    Ross

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by zride91 View Post
    Hi Jimmy,
    Sorry, I did not see your reply. No, we never found a solution. Like saking, I too am interested to hear more specifics on what you did to resolve.
    Was the DLL that you replaced belonging to the application triggering the install, or was it for the Autodesk product trying to be installed? What did you do to replace/update the DLL, did you reinstall the Autodesk or triggering application?
    Thank you!
    Sorry, I totally blanked on looking back at the post. Now I have the same problem again, and cannot find the answer. I guess I'm getting too old for this stuff.