Thread: Useful Tools

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Wish List Administration
    Login to Give a bone

Default Useful Tools

Summary: Spend more development time on useful tools

Description: Sketchy lines? Really guys? That **** took precedence over something like a functional text editor, or pier and grade beam families? If Architects want it to look hand drawn then let them draw it by hand. Good grief, give us some useful tools.

Product and Feature: Revit Structure - 3rd party structural analysis link

Submitted By: Rick Blankenship on 07/01/2014

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Useful Tools

Text editing functions similar to word would me an AMAZING add.

Login to Give a bone

spot on, could not have said it better myself (and thanks for giving me a laugh on Monday morning)
    Sort yourself out Autodesk - GIVE US A TEXT EDITOR! (and be able to swap text case, and better dimensioning, and....)

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Personally i think the sketchy line feature is awesome...for Architecture at least.Drawing it by hand defeats the purpose of effective interoperability. Why doing hand sketches on paper and then go re-model it in Revit? To me that's double work = latency = Wasting Time = Wasting money=WASTE. Autodesk have put a lot of effort to get the workflow right from Concept design (Massing) to Design Development and this feature contributes to a bigger picture. This is just my multi-disciplinary perspective.
    But in the other hand, i can't agree more with the limmited text editing features. Instant spell checking (Like Autocad), Spell check within tags associated with component parameters and all stated above.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

My point was if you want it to look hand drawn then draw it by hand and stop using a computer period. Those days are over, as sad as that is for some of us who spent many hours with a parallel bar, triangle and 2H lead holder. "sketchy lines" adds nothing to the work flow. "Effective Interoperability" Really? It is a Waste of time= Waste of money= WASTE. I know all about multi-discipline perspective, I've got 20 years of working in a multi-discipline office and I'm tired of the BIG A little e syndrome that dominates the industry. I want FUNCTION over FORM.

Quote Originally Posted by heinwelman View Post
    Personally i think the sketchy line feature is awesome...for Architecture at least.Drawing it by hand defeats the purpose of effective interoperability. Why doing hand sketches on paper and then go re-model it in Revit? To me that's double work = latency = Wasting Time = Wasting money=WASTE. Autodesk have put a lot of effort to get the workflow right from Concept design (Massing) to Design Development and this feature contributes to a bigger picture. This is just my multi-disciplinary perspective.
    But in the other hand, i can't agree more with the limmited text editing features. Instant spell checking (Like Autocad), Spell check within tags associated with component parameters and all stated above.