Summary: Simplify creation of parametric uniform shapes, e.g. hexagons, pentagons, octagons etc

Description: When drawing the outline of a shape or just a simple collection of lines, there is an option called "Circumscribe Polygon". This allows the creation of a symmetrical polygon of any number of sides.

When drawing this polygon, we are shown a design circle that represents the distance of the farthest points of the polygon from the center, i.e. the "radius" of the polygon, where the polygon fully resides within this circle with all the points sitting on the circumference of this circle at an equal distance from each consecutive point.

Can we have the option to modify the polygon using this same design circle to simplify the creation of a parametric polygon? For example, if I want to make a hexagon that will increase or decrease in size while maintaining it's position relative to an origin point, all I will need to do is add a parameter for the radius/diameter of the design circle, such that it will change in accordance with the rest of the family.

Long story short, the circle that shows up when you create a Circumscribed Polygon. I want the ability to manage the polygon using that circle as it saves me the trouble of making countless reference planes and dimension annotations.

Product and Feature: Revit MEP - Other

Submitted By: CJ Ng on 07/02/2014