Thread: Revit 2015 Work Sets

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit 2015 Work Sets

I am hoping I am just missing something and work sets were not messed up in 2015! We work in multiple Revit models (one for Architecture, one for MEP, one for Structure) and we coordinate the naming of our worksets. For example Shared Levels and Grids gets a suffix for each model ( arch. is Shared Levels and Grids_ARCH). If in the arch. model we created a Shared Levels and Grid_MEP and turned it off we would no longer see the MEP Shared Levels and Grids and it would be a global "off switch" in the whole model, no need to go into each view template and shut them off. But it seems that in 2015 that is no longer the case???? Or am I missing something? If they have changed it that is going to suck! That was such a nice feature, and gave us the ability to turn off misc. things in one swoop.

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2015 Work Sets

I just tested it, still works as before...almost. What is different is how Revit responds when you open the Workset Dialog. You'll get the behavior you expect if you use the Manage Worksets button in the Manage Links dialog or right click on a linked file in the Project Browser and choose Manage Worksets.

The images below show the Open status for the same linked file according to the route used to gain access to the workset info. The short story is we need to use Manage Links to alter the status, not the Worksets dialog...seems a bit buggy/quirky to me.

WorksetsReloadIssue01.jpg
    WorksetsReloadIssue02.jpg

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2015 Work Sets

Thanks Steve! I didn't even think to go to the Manage Worksets. It doesn't work like before, but at least it still works!