Thread: Railings are very buggy

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Railings are very buggy

I would have thought that after 3 issues, these new railings would be working correctly but they are not.

I have a guard rail defined with top rail with extension as well as handrail w/ brackets. When I draw that on one side of the stair, I see that the handrail is on the wrong side (handrail defined as left) so I flip the orientation. When I do that, the handrail is on the correct side but the brackets are on the wrong side of the handrail - not to the posts. In addition, this is a U shaped sketch in plan (- inner side of stairs), and when I flip the stairs, the landing portion (bottom of the U) doesn't maintain the set offsets from the sketch line as the runs do. I also get double posts at the corners. Railing is defined with start/corner and end posts.

So I edit the definition and change the handrail to the right so I don't have to flip. Interestingly, if I flip this, the brackets flip correctly..... But this now has other problems. Although the railing sketch line is broken at the top riser for the landing flat, the railing continues up the same slope to the landing portion but wait.... that is also sloped. OK, I edit the sketch and hard code the flat areas to be flat. But now, that short section of rail that is a separate line from the run and defined as flat, is still sloped and by landing portion is flat but too far off the landing. I still have double posts at the corner.

Why doesn't Autodesk publish knowledge of these problems?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Railings are very buggy

So are stairs........