Thread: civil 3d problem

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default civil 3d problem

i'm trying to annotate some lines. the distances are being annotated 1/12 of the actual length and the text size is not the correct height based on the scale i'm using.

I've set the scale in the label style to .06. my scale is 200. the text should be 12' tall, but it isn't. it's only 10' tall.

any clue as to what is going on?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: civil 3d problem

Well, I don't manage imperial measures, but since 1 foot contains 12 inches, sounds like you'd better change your main drawing units, sir.

Last edited by Novarese; 2014-09-04 at 05:31 AM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Novarese View Post
    ... since 1 feet contains 12 inches, sounds like you'd better change your main drawing units
    1+ ........
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

It's a brand new install. I know it's gotta be a general setting somewhere......I'm just not finding it.

Also, anybody know what those codes between the vertical bars in the label styles window mean or where you can find out how to use them? Is there an easy way to edit those? I have figured out that |P#| controls the decimal place precision for distance and bearings.
    Last edited by rmk; 2014-09-03 at 05:56 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by rmk View Post
    It's a brand new install. I know it's gotta be a general setting somewhere......I'm just not finding it.
    Consider both, the UNITS Command, and Toolspace, Settings tab, Drawing Settings.

Quote Originally Posted by rmk View Post
    Also, anybody know what those codes between the vertical bars in the label styles window mean or where you can find out how to use them? Is there an easy way to edit those? I have figured out that |P#| controls the decimal place precision for distance and bearings.
    What vertical bars (screenshot)?

You're not attempting to manually edit the Label Style's expression contents are you?

More information is needed.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Yes, i am trying to modify those expressions to fit my parameters. I do make a copy to modify. However that is not the major issue. I have a drawing that was created in acad 2015. It is in decimal units, if i measure the line i want to annotate, it lists as 97.83' long. if i annotate the line using a label style that is original to the program, it labels it as 8.15', which is 12 times smaller.

After Block Box's post, and upon further investigation i have determined that if i open the existing drawing in c3d 2014 and go to toolspace, settings, right click on general, edit feature settings, select general, the drawing unit property is set to "inch". but it is grayed out and not able to be selected to modify nor is the scale which is 1200.

Now, if i open a totally new (blank) drawing in c3d 2014, go to the other dwg and copy and paste the entire contents into the new blank drawing and annotate the same line, it labels it correctly. checking the same parameters as above, they are still grayed out and not changable, but they are set to "foot" and "200", which is the scale i was in in the other drawing.

any idea of what is going on here. i'd really like to better understand this. I've been using cad, specifically Autocad since 1988. I've used everything from release 9 forward. and had some experience with Eagle Point, which i believe was taken over by autodesk and is basically now civil 3d.