I have a project that I need to report to ODBC what a face base generic model family is hosted to. I am going to have between 4000~6000 instances of this family within the model. The family could be hosted to primarily walls, columns, beams floors. So it would be nice to have Revit feed the host info to the parameter instead of having the user manually input the information. I am just trying to reduce user input errors if I was to go the manual entry method.

Another site pointed me to possibly mapping the host information to parameter with API and I thought I would nose around here. Nothing seem to pop out when I did a search here. I would appreciate if someone could point in me in direction to a place where I could get this work. OR tell me it can not be done so I can figure out something else to make the data entry easier.

History,
The face based family is just a symbol to represent the location where a contamination survey has been performed and to show areas in the building that have not been surveyed. The parameters within the family will report the "who, what, when and how"s for each survey by combination of either Revit Data or thought the ODBC connection to the access database. This a very fun project because we are using Revit, point clouds, ODBC and Navisworks. I have done similar projects in the past using Autocad but Revit takes it to a whole new plane.

Thanks