Thread: Pipe Network Data Reference assigning incorrect Reference Alignment Name

Login to Give a bone

Default Pipe Network Data Reference assigning incorrect Reference Alignment Name

I pulled the alignments and profiles into a drawing. Then the pipe network was Data Referenced in. The problem is that most of the pipes seem to be using the same reference alignment instead of the one they're supposed to. The source drawing was checked to make sure all reference alignments were properly assigned to pipes and structures.

For instance, I have alignments WW Line A through WW Line A-5. When the DR is used, most but not all the pipes come in referencing WW Line A instead of what's in the source drawing. Of the 5 lines, only one kept the proper alignment reference.

I made sure there were no overrides selected in the dialog box to create the reference.

Anyone experienced this, and what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe Network Data Reference assigning incorrect Reference Alignment Name

I've not experienced this myself, nor have I heard of this particular issue with DREF Pipe Networks.

That said, first thing that comes to mind is to try removing the Data Shortcut, and then re-add it, given that you've verified correct assignments of current components.

*IF* that fixes the issue for subsequent DREFs, then that is equally alarming for reasons I won't go into for fear I'd be jinxing it.

HTH
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pipe Network Data Reference assigning incorrect Reference Alignment Name

Thanks, BB... I'd tried that because I didn't believe what I was seeing. Figured it had to be something I'd done wrong, so after deleting the Shortcut I carefully checked source and was mindful of all options that might affect it when adding it again. No joy.

I think what I may do is try to recreate the problem with a different network since this is the first time I've seen it.. That would either point to or eliminate this particular network as the problem.

The way it came to light was when the labels were applied in plan. They were giving the wrong alignment name.

Any other thoughts?

Login to Give a bone

I take it all drawings are associated with the correct project?
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Hmm. I believe they are, but it certainly merits checking. When the problem started, I opened a new drawing and associated it with the project so I could access the Data References. I'll get back to you on that question.