I am attempting to use a model that we currently use for estimating and save as to use it for status tracking. I'd like to create an instance paramter in the project that could be applied per family that would over ride (or add on to?) to material parameters in my families to a color that relates to the staus of the production cycle of a curtainwall unit. In other words the parameter would work like this...."The curtainwall unit I'm selecting is being fabricated so turn all its mullions, glass, etc., blue. The curtainwall unit I'm selecting is being installed in the field so turn all its mullions, glass, etc., green. Leave the hatches and appearance of all the family material parameters the way they are only change the color". Is this possible? Would it be possible with API coding?

So far I haven't been able to figure out how to do it on a project level. I can get the status to work if I make a instance material parameter in the family but on this isn't very time efficient to individulally change 4,000 units, family by family, and also it makes it difficult to keep track of which unit is which when all the glass is the same color and hatch in the project before its stautus is applied (model builder and status change person will not be the same person)

Thanks!