Thread: Multiple Linked Files and View Referencing

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Multiple Linked Files and View Referencing

I am working on a metro system project and we are working out our revit setup. We have 8 stations along 1 line. There is a large part of each station that is identical (main model). We have made this into a separate revit model. Each of the 8 stations with their site specific elements are their own revit models as well. Instead of linking the main model into each of the 8 station models, we would like to do the reverse - link the 8 station models into the main model. This will save on the redundancy of sheets, as many of the sheets will be the same between each site. When the 8 station specific models are linked into the main model, they are each put on their own workset and only opened when needed.

So, the problem occurs when we need to reference multiple callouts and sections for each of the 8 site specific models while they are linked into the main model. The callouts and sections will obviously be in different places for each of the site specific models, and there is no way (that I've found) to hide callout tags or section markers based on a parameter or view filter setting.

I would like to keep the site specific information as separate models and not use design options, otherwise there will be many people (20+) working in the same model.

How do you resolve the problem of callouts and sections when there are multiple files being linked into one main model while those linked files overlap each other?

Thank you!

Dan

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Multiple Linked Files and View Referencing

Quote Originally Posted by daniel.ciolino View Post
    The callouts and sections will obviously be in different places for each of the site specific models, and there is no way (that I've found) to hide callout tags or section markers based on a parameter or view filter setting.
    Go to VG > Filters > Edit/New
    Create a new filter
    In categories, select Sections and Callouts
    In filter rules, Select Filter by: <More Parameters>
    Add a shared parameter
    Apply filter to view.

If you want to use filters for views in the linked files, you'll need to go apply a filter to a view in the linked file,
    then in the host file, go to VG > Revit Links
    Change View settings to Custom
    Set Linked View to the linked view with applied filters and View filters <by linked view>