See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: InvokeHelp and ShowModalDialog methods are in acmgd.dll but missing in accoremgd.dll

Login to Give a bone

Default InvokeHelp and ShowModalDialog methods are in acmgd.dll but missing in accoremgd.dll

I am attempting to port the free SincPac C3D source code ( http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_source.aspx ) from Civil3D 2011 to Civil3D 2014. I have replaced the reference to acmgd.dll in Visual Studio required for 2011 with accoremgd.dll required for 2014. The methods InvokeHelp(string,string) and ShowModalDialog(System.Windows.Forms.Form) were in acmgd.dll but are missing from accoremgd.dll. Is there another assembly I can reference that has these methods? I am programming in C#.
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2014-09-08 at 05:24 PM. Reason: acmgd.dll typo

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: InvokeHelp and ShowModalDialog methods are in acmgd.dll but missing in accoremgd.dll

Quote Originally Posted by tim.sprout379564 View Post
    I am attempting to port the free SincPac C3D source code ( http://www.quuxsoft.com/SincpacC3D_source.aspx ) from Civil3D 2011 to Civil3D 2014. I have replaced the reference to acmgd.dll in Visual Studio required for 2011 with accoremgd.dll required for 2014. The methods InvokeHelp(string,string) and ShowModalDialog(System.Windows.Forms.Form) were in acmgd.dll but are missing from accoremgd.dll. Is there another assembly I can reference that has these methods? I am programming in C#.
    Hi Tim, welcome to AUGI!

Firstly, I'm pleased to hear that you are interested in SincPac C3D, and are finding the free source code useful, as I am friends with Jeff.

As for your issue, since the advent of Core Console in 2013, all three are needed for .NET development in vanilla AutoCAD... AcCoreMgd.dll, AcDbMgd.dll, and AcMgd.dll... The former does not preclude the need for the latter.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: InvokeHelp and ShowModalDialog methods are in acmgd.dll but missing in accoremgd.dll

Thank you! The project now builds for Civil3D 2014. SincPac is a great tool for us.

One other tweak was needed, per the arxmgd.chm in the ObjectArx 2013 SDK docs Migration Guide --> Removed .Net API:

Removed -
    Code:
    Autodesk.AutoCAD.Runtime.DynamicLinker  public string ProductKey

Use instead-
    Code:
    HostApplicationServices.MachineRegistryProductRootKey Property and HostApplicationServices.UserRegistryProductRootKey Property
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2014-09-08 at 11:26 PM.

Login to Give a bone

I'm confused about loading AcMgd.dll and AcCoreMgd.dll. In some projects when I reference both AcMgd.dll and AcCoreMgd.dll I get ambiguous reference errors.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by timsprout View Post
    I'm confused about loading AcMgd.dll and AcCoreMgd.dll. In some projects when I reference both AcMgd.dll and AcCoreMgd.dll I get ambiguous reference errors.
    That is because you've not explicitly defined which one to reference (hence the ambiguity)... To resolve, simply add the appropriate using/imports declaration; see my post in your other thread for example... Or use namespace qualified calls.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000