Thread: Aerial in Weird Sport in Twisted Viewport

Login to Give a bone

Default Aerial in Weird Sport in Twisted Viewport

I am creating construction plan sheets and want an aerial attached. I have referenced in the aerial drawing to model space with all my other xrefs and created tabs for different 11x17 sheets. Everything in model space is unrotated and at true coordinates. When I create viewports in the different sheets, I twist the views using "dview-->twist" and choose angles to make the curving roadway centered in the viewport. What I'm finding is when the dview twist angle isn't zero, the aerial goes crazy and moves around and doesn't print in the right location. When I zoom in and out of the sheet, the aerial moves around. Any fixes??? This is a really important issue for me to solve ASAP and no other boards have suggestions that work for me. I've tried turning perspective on and off, rotating a negative direction instead of positive, creating a new viewport, checking the -vp, etc. Any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Aerial in Weird Sport in Twisted Viewport

Is it only one view that you need the aerial?

Not that it matters to what I'll suggest, just minimizes the number of times you need to do it. I've never gotten comfortable with the DView Twist thing so what I've always done is to go into the VP model space and set my UCS to the object that I want oriented with UCS > 3, pick my 3 points then PLAN.

Note, on 2015 (maybe others) the "3" doesn't appear as an option but if you type it and hit enter you'll be prompted for the 3 points.

Perhaps that will work?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Aerial in Weird Sport in Twisted Viewport

Quote Originally Posted by duhvinci View Post
    Is it only one view that you need the aerial?

Not that it matters to what I'll suggest, just minimizes the number of times you need to do it. I've never gotten comfortable with the DView Twist thing so what I've always done is to go into the VP model space and set my UCS to the object that I want oriented with UCS > 3, pick my 3 points then PLAN.

Note, on 2015 (maybe others) the "3" doesn't appear as an option but if you type it and hit enter you'll be prompted for the 3 points.

Perhaps that will work?
    Civil guys hate fubaring with the UCS, since the real-world coordinates matter, and screwing that up can screw up the construction process.

I've head of this issue, haven't experienced it, so dunno if this will work or not.

Instead of tabs, create new sheets, attache your XREFs in model space, create and rotate your viewports in paperspace, then attach the georeferenced image through the viewport. (I'm assuming you have a real georeferenced image, a sid with a world file, or???)

If it's a TIF, you might try converting it to PNG