Thread: Shopping for a way for customers to self-configure a product on a web page

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Shopping for a way for customers to self-configure a product on a web page

I have seen a software product by a company called Tacton, that serves as a web interface for SolidWorks. It allows a customer to choose from options on a web site, and then obtain a PDF with drawings, and even a price quote. Some versions even permit the user to view the 3D design and change it in real-time. Here is one example on a youtube video,

Since my company's product does not need to be represented in 3D, a 2D parametric drawing can handle the design. Is there software that provides a front-end for AutoCAD drawings to be used like the system I described above? I recall reading about one, perhaps 20 years ago, but I have not been able to find a current vendor for this type of software.

Thanks for any recommendations.

-Joe

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Shopping for a way for customers to self-configure a product on a web page

Here the embedded video:

"How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000