Thread: Doors and Windows

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Doors and Windows

I used the ootb windows and doors and my boss needs to have the frames correct on plans over all sections. I was used to showing them in details only. I have made detail blocks for the windows for that but the doors in plan are the problem. I want the door symbol to show still when I hide the door and put in the detail block. I know I can go out and get correct doors or make them but do not have the time right now to do that. My ext walls are masonry and mtl stud and the interior are mtl studs at 3-5/8" and 6" studs. Is there anyway I can do a work around to be able to show the door symbols?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Doors and Windows

I assume that by door symbol, you mean a door tag. The tags will disappear if you hide the entire door (either by category or by individual object). Can you edit the families and turn off the display of most of the objects, but leave at least one item visible on screen? Even if that one item is not correct, you could include a masking region in your "detail block" that could cover that up. Better still if you can leave in something that can remain visible.

I hope you do not have many doors and windows on this project. I would say something about fussiness over graphics, but realize that will not help your situation and so will refrain.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Thanks. Not many doors and windows so thought this would be quicker. Thanks. I forgot about hiding most of the door that way.

Login to Give a bone

Looks like you haven't spent much time investing in a company door library. I suggest trying the Assa Abloy Openings Studio which has an entire free door library at your disposal, and it works really well. This isn't a sales pitch, but a direct suggestion from someone who has used the tool and built several door libraries.
    http://www.assaabloydss.com/en/local...enings-Studio/

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I want to know how you are saving time by doubling your work effort. No disrespect intended, but it seems you are simply trading one solution for another. I have not seen the ASSA Abbloy doors, yet, but that seems to be a good solution. Also, there are tons of doors at ARCAT and other BIM oriented sites.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I don't think I probably saved time got the job done. I did download the assaabloy and looks like that is a great way to do doors. I am using this on the next project. I think this software and what the company will do for free is the way to go. Thank you for the find Ghale.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

The Abbloy add-in is a great enhancement to revit. Just takes a little time to set up typ doors that you use to change out. Looks correct in section views and good schedule out of it. You send the information back to them and you get a updated schedule how you want it, hardware and specs for free. Ghale, ty for the info.