See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Support Paths Not Holding

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Support Paths Not Holding

I have been trying to setup a few new machines recently to have all of the support paths, pathed to the correct network location by using a master profile (ARG File) that I have stored on the server. When I load the profile everything loads in correctly.

When I reboot the machine all of the paths reset back to the C:drive instead of the network location. I know I am missing something but cant seem to figure it out. Has anyone seen this before?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Support Paths Not Holding

Is a different profile being forced to load in the startup switches?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Coloradomrg View Post
    Is a different profile being forced to load in the startup switches?
    I've net set switches before?

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Iceberg View Post
    I've net set switches before?
    Right-click any of the icons used to start AutoCAD, click Properties and look at the Target on the Shortcut tab. The /P sets the profile to be used.
    Examples:
    Code:
     "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\AecBase.dbx" /p "C:\FDOT2014.C3D\Support\Profiles\FDOT2014C3D.arg" /b "C:\FDOT2014.C3D\support\Profiles\fdot.scr" /nologo /nossm
    "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe"  /P AutoCAD /Product "C3D" /Language "en-US"

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Right-click any of the icons used to start AutoCAD, click Properties and look at the Target on the Shortcut tab. The /P sets the profile to be used.
    Examples:
    Code:
     "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Autodesk AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014\AecBase.dbx" /p "C:\FDOT2014.C3D\Support\Profiles\FDOT2014C3D.arg" /b "C:\FDOT2014.C3D\support\Profiles\fdot.scr" /nologo /nossm
    "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2015\acad.exe"  /P AutoCAD /Product "C3D" /Language "en-US"
    [OffTopic]

I am so sorry for you Tom; having to work with Civil 3D 2014 State Kit. I stopped beta testing it back in the Civil 3D 2012 State Kit, when I was able to document 13 pages of what FDOT had done incorrectly at session start (not even the production tools themselves). Too much to post here, but safe to infer it was a lot.

[/OffTopic]
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
    [OffTopic]

I am so sorry for you Tom; having to work with Civil 3D 2014 State Kit. I stopped beta testing it back in the Civil 3D 2012 State Kit, when I was able to document 13 pages of what FDOT had done incorrectly at session start (not even the production tools themselves). Too much to post here, but safe to infer it was a lot.

[/OffTopic]
    Thanks, first version of their 2014 was wrought with issues as well. Latest version seems better so far, but help is hard to find. Workflow for Importing Survey Data starts by importing from Microstation. We don't have Microstation. They have webinars online, but don't record them so they're only available live. Still not ready to use it for production, but working on getting it going since it has all the structures we use and reference for cost estimates as well. Using their true type fonts for now since they historically have built symbols into them. Could you send me a copy of your notes or other advice on this in a message or email?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Thanks, first version of their 2014 was wrought with issues as well. Latest version seems better so far, but help is hard to find. Workflow for Importing Survey Data starts by importing from Microstation. We don't have Microstation. They have webinars online, but don't record them so they're only available live. Still not ready to use it for production, but working on getting it going since it has all the structures we use and reference for cost estimates as well. Using their true type fonts for now since they historically have built symbols into them. Could you send me a copy of your notes or other advice on this in a message or email?
    FWIW -

Autodesk (will soon, or) is now offering a utility to convert C3D data to Microstation GEOPAK/Inroads, and since C3D inherently can import from Microstation, you'll now be able to submit C3D projects with Microstation-only clients.

So as to try and not go off topic further, PM me your email address, and I'll email you a copy (once I find it in my archived files).

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Tom's example is perfect for checking for switches... You can also set a switch for the new profile, which would force it to load at startup.