Thread: (Flow) labels with unit suffix

Login to Give a bone

Default (Flow) labels with unit suffix

I would like to add flow labels in m3/h on my ducts. IMO it should be really simple, but I can't for the world figure out how to add the custom suffix (m3/h or whatnot). I am using duct engineering data property sets and extended data in my labels styles - I can get the numeric value to show, or the unit but not both on the same label.
    The same is true for flow velocity - I can get numeric values or m/s but not both.
    There must be an easy way to accomplish this, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: (Flow) labels with unit suffix

I did some work and this is the solution I came up with. It works but it probably isn't the most sophisticated method around.

1) Style manager - documentation objects - Property data formats - copy flow m3/s - paste - rename & convert flow to m3/h and get settings right

2) Style manager - documentation objects - Property set definitions - duct engineering data
    add formula property definition - call it flow_m3h or whatever. The source formula should be "RESULT=[Flow]*3600" w/o quotes. Exit source and set format of flow_m3h to unit m3/h

3) Style manager - documentation objects - label curve styles
    new or copy paste duct flow - rename to flow m3h or whatever. Under options under tag label style the annotation should be 'use property set' from 'duct engineering data' and 'flow_m3h'

4) set labels in the model where necesarry and set them to show flow_m3h in properties-design-basic

There should be a better way to do this, but this is the answer I found. If anyone has any better way of doing this, please share.