Thread: Profile beyond Cul da Sac

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Profile beyond Cul da Sac

My Alignment stops at center of Cul da Sac to allow adding an additional baseline to the corridor for assemblies to grade the Cul da Sac.

I want my Profile to continue so proposed topo tie with existing topo get shown.

What's the best method for this?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Profile beyond Cul da Sac

Depending on the situation, I typically create a gutterline alignment and profile for my cul de sac. I will already have my assembly showing only curb to existing grade created when making my assemblies. I will create a new corridor design using this assembly around that gutterline alignment. Once that's done, set you main road centerline to target the gutterline alignment or feature line and it should grade out.

Not sure if there is a better way than this but its what I have done in the past.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Iceberg, I got some good insight to how I may do some things in the future.

I left out some clarity to initial question though. I am wanting the show the profile as if the alignment had another 100' extension to it.

I am thinking the best plan would be to create a new alignment where initial alignment ends (center Cul da Sac) and draw at same bearing as road centerline. Then add that as a new profile to the profile view I am extending.

Does that make sense?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Why not just adjust the alignment to add on the additional 100 feet.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

I want the EOP assembly to target the center of Cul da sac on one side and grade out on the other side with one simple assembly. If I extend the alignment from 18+38 to 19+38 then my EOP assembly won't sweep around 18+38.

Login to Give a bone

I have my alignment extend past the cul-de-sac to enable displaying profiles and surfaces along the length of the profile view. As once you go past your alignment, the profile view does not show any additional data.

Therefore, my assembly along the road stops at the beginning of the radius returns going into the cul-de-sac. From there, I create another alignment for the perimeter of the cul-de-sac which I assign a profile and assembly to for the corridor modeling. I'll then show the surface within the profile view. You could also project (probably the wrong term here) the cul-de-sac profile to the profile view associated with the centerline alignment.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

I too model my corridor such that the Cul-de-sac is comprised of an Alignment about the edge of pavement, and the Assembly for said Region Targets the roadway Alignment, and grades out to R/W line, pond, etc.

How you get that to depict in your Roadway Alignment's Profile View is really quite simple... Just turn on your Corridor's (Top) Surface, and show that in Profile View, with the appropriate Style applied. I do not recall if an extended Alignment's Profile superimposed is needed (it's been a while since I've had this exact situation crop up).

FWIW - You can also extend the Profile View's end station (in Profile View Properties) beyond your Roadway Alignment's stationing as well, in order to 'show more' beyond the terminus of the stations depicted in your Sheet drawing's Plan view (i.e., for Plan and Profile sheet).

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000