It seems something changed with all the 2015 products. When you download a product from subscription center, you get that 2015 software with whatever almost current service pack already baked in. You only got the original build with previous versions.

I noticed that many of the deployments I have made from recent downloads tell me the product is up to date when I know there is a service pack or update available. I do not even have the choice of saying I want to include a service pack or not. After installing I look at the build number and notice it is not the original build but rather the build of the sometimes most recent update or at least the update prior to the latest.

I have 2 separate downloads of Revit 2015. One I downloaded sometime between Update 1 and 2 and the other I downloaded yesterday. I built deployments of each and made sure that I did NOT include any service packs. In the case of yesterday's download it says the software was up to date already. An installation made from the 1st deployment shows a build number of Update 1 and the second shows a build number of Update 2 (how was Update 2 the most up to date version yesterday?).

Normally I wouldn't care. However, Revit 2015 R2 has some odd install requirements. You cannot install it if you have a build number of Update 1 or 2. How the heck am I supposed to get a download of the original build or at least Update 3 built in?

Now I could install Update 3 and then install R2, but R2 includes everything in Update 3 so why do I have to now install 2 separate updates when one includes everything in the other? This is going to occur on many, many computers and waste a lot of time. I could include Update 3 in the deployment image, but that doesn't help the existing installs on Update 2. They have to do 2 installs to get the latest update. For some that may not be too big of a deal, but we use AutoIT to create self-serve install scripts that any user can run to install software at their convenience (great for laptop users not always in the office or who stop by the office briefly on the way out and have no time to wait for a forced install to occur or for project teams on a deadline on international time zones). They do not need to have admin rights and everyone knows exactly where to go to get the latest update. I just tell them updates are ready and they know where to go and there is only ever 1 update in the location to get so no one is confused. Now I have to have 2 updates in the location for Revit 2015 because of R2's odd requirement and have to inform everyone that for this one a particular software they will need to do something different than everything else.