Thread: What does it takes to teach Revit in Canada? (Legal issues)

Login to Give a bone

Exclamation What does it takes to teach Revit in Canada? (Legal issues)

Hello,

I would like to know what certificate or diplomas that are needed to teach Revit software in Canada specifically, I have the knowledge to do it and I am planning to create a small start-up with a Partner, But I don't know if I have the right to teach Revit, knowing that I don't hold a certificate to do so.
    So do I need to take Revit Associate and Professionnal exam to be certified first or any other certificate to do that.
    Thanks in advance fot the information.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: What does it takes to teach Revit in Canada? (Legal issues)

Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cdatechguy View Post
    Take a look here:
    This is probably useful.
    The school I went to had a revit teacher, who graduated 1 yr before I did and I think he studied to get that certificate to teach Revit. While he holds the certificate, he would get lost in class while he was teaching and sometimes would ask students to let him know if we ended up finding a solution to whatever problem we ran into... but he still teaches Revit Structure 2 years in a row now.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by syh1116695651 View Post
    This is probably useful.
    The school I went to had a revit teacher, who graduated 1 yr before I did and I think he studied to get that certificate to teach Revit. While he holds the certificate, he would get lost in class while he was teaching and sometimes would ask students to let him know if we ended up finding a solution to whatever problem we ran into... but he still teaches Revit Structure 2 years in a row now.
    Don't be too hard on him ... it's one thing to know and teach the software following a set of prescribed and tested steps and other to be asked "How do you ....?" and have to address it on the fly.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by CAtDiva View Post
    Don't be too hard on him ... it's one thing to know and teach the software following a set of prescribed and tested steps and other to be asked "How do you ....?" and have to address it on the fly.
    Yeah, it's the difference between being able to pass an exam and having real experience.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by aissajez846157 View Post
    Hello,

I would like to know what certificate or diplomas that are needed to teach Revit software in Canada specifically, I have the knowledge to do it and I am planning to create a small start-up with a Partner, But I don't know if I have the right to teach Revit, knowing that I don't hold a certificate to do so.
    So do I need to take Revit Associate and Professionnal exam to be certified first or any other certificate to do that.
    Thanks in advance fot the .
    No there is no certificate required to teach Revit. You only need experience in CAD which will help you in teaching it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stephbaker View Post
    No there is no certificate required to teach Revit. You only need experience in CAD which will help you in teaching it.
    But I just found this certification page by . I really am not familiar so I wouldnn't understand how all of it really works