Thread: I wish I could make objects above my head automatically appear dotted or "hidden".

Wish List Administration

Default I wish I could make objects above my head automatically appear dotted or "hidden".

Summary: Assign a line type for every element between cut plane and top plane (view range) would be very helpful in plans.

Description: Now it is hard to draw voids or overhangs, you'll have to do it by hand. With model lines or with line work. Both options are far from ideal. Line work is view dependent and model lines aren't linked. It would be very nice and informative if Revit could automatically create these lines. E.g. voids above your head would automatically appear on plan as a hidden line.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: Ernst Haagsman on 09/19/2014

Revit Forum Manager Steve_Stafford's Avatar

Default Re: I wish I could make objects above my head automatically appear dotted or "hidden".

An old story but Revit did show overhead lines automatically in the very beginning. You'll never guess who told them to remove it. Users, architects... like you and the rest of us. Apparently we can't all agree on features.

Default Re: I wish I could make objects above my head automatically appear dotted or "hidden".

So what you are asking is for a additional level of view Range - An upper View Depth and Lower View depth, that you can use the beyond setting on. I would also recommend it be a check box to turn the feature on and off to handle the other mentioned in Steve Staffords reply.