Thread: room not placed - design options

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default room not placed - design options

As I'm creating a room schedule, I have a list of rooms that are not placed.

From digging through other posts, I understand that they are potentially rooms that I don't need from going through the earlier design process, but I wonder if these are room that are still part of a couple deign options that I currently have active.

Is this a possibility before I go wildly deleting are the not placed rooms. The names seem to jive with my options.

I don't understand why the 'show' function wouldn't work when I have callouts, on sheets, showing the options.

At least I can filter them out for the time being.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: room not placed - design options

The rooms that are Not Placed are rooms that used to be part of the model but have been deleted. When a room is deleted a warning box will appear stating it has been deleted but will still be part of the project.

The rooms in the options that have names that "jive" with the Not Placed rooms are duplicates. I would assume (I know me-you) after the rooms were deleted someone came back thru and placed rooms back into the options.

If the only information placed in the room is the name I would be very confident that you could delete the Not Placed rooms. However, if there had been information added to the rooms prior to being deleted (department, finishes and such) I would carefully evaluate each room and possible swap them before deleting.

The Show/ Hide/ Isolate button is only for the schedule and how it will display the Not Placed/ Unenclosed rooms. It isn't the tool to locate the room in the model. That would be the Highlight in Model tool.