See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: irregular shaped crop region makes modeled objects disappear

I could stop if I wanted to FOUTJM's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Question irregular shaped crop region makes modeled objects disappear

i am having an issue where when i apply a sketch to a crop region, if its more than four lines and not rectangular it will hide all of my modeled objects. if i use do not crop view they come back. if i remove the sketch they come back. its very odd, i think its a bug.

any help?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: irregular shaped crop region makes modeled objects disappear

You've got the same issue as what I believe the rest of us have.
    I've told my teams never to use them.
    The sketched crop region results in poor model performance and much larger pdfs.
    It also results in missing objects.
    The only other thing I've noticed is if you have to much stuff on a sheet or the view is overly busy; printing to Raster seemed to fix the missing objects when plotting.
    I think adesk claims they've fixed, but they haven't. Still can't print using vector.
    So next question, are they disappearing on screen or on plot?

Login to Give a bone

I am in Revit 2018 and still having these same issues... irregular crop view (only one side of my rectangle is at an angle at matchline in building) my framing tags show but my framing does not... I reset the crop boundary on my view and everything appears fine.. edit the crop and all my framing that is tagged disappears but the tags remain visible, just cant see any framing members. I have searched high and low before giving this a "bump" from years back it is unfortunate that Autodesk can not figure this one out 3 years later...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Augdog86; 2018-09-05 at 12:54 PM. Reason: Uploaded image

Login to Give a bone

Are you printing raster or vector?

Login to Give a bone

Dave,

This is occurring on my plan views in my model. I have dependent views from my primary view broken out for north and south plans as the building kinks on the north portion of the plan. I did an edit to my crop boundary and now my framing goes away. I have the arch linked model in the background with my structural, shows up fine when the view is not cropped. As soon as I edit the boundary to follow the building angle, my framing goes away. I was thinking it was either a graphic card issue? but this is happening on another drafting station here in my office so its broke in 2 locations... I do not believe a scope box is the way to go since I would have to rotate to he angle of the building to properly show my sheets. This is the first time in almost 10 years of using Revit that I am sort of at a lose of why this is graphically doing this... I am the point where a masking region might be the way to go?! Any additional help is appreciated. Thank you for your time!

Login to Give a bone

What happens when you print? Do they still not show up?
    I've seen revit do some strange things. Usually when I'm missing items, they disappear from the prints. I change to Raster and they print again.
    It sounds like in your case they aren't even displaying on the screen. But they might still print. I'd check that.
    Next I'd try to recreate the view, and then crop the region and see if you just have a corrupted view. I've had those a few times in past.
    Don't duplicate it, actually make a new view from scratch and try that.
    If that's still not working, I'd log it with Autodesk. Probably won't get you anywhere, but they might have some ideas.
    Just my thoughts.

Login to Give a bone

It does print fine, it is just viewing the content on plan in the model while working (which makes it hard to see things from the arch model). I have recreated plans from a new level that is in the same location as the one I am having issues with. I am in process of trying to recreate this in 2019 to see if it is possibly fixed there... The thing that got me is that its not just this floor, its at every floor that I have broken out to match the arch matchline... another wrench, as soon as I uncheck the arch link in my framing plans, everything appears normal...even cropped as it should be to match the arch. I wonder if there is something in the arch model causing this?

I was hoping you would of had some revit magical work around lol! It is all good! Either way I am saving some screenshots and my journal files to see if Autodesk has any input if I cant figure it out. Thanks again!

Login to Give a bone

Check to see what's turned on in that Arch link. is there a floor that blocking your framing or something dumb like that?
    Is there something else that's happening when the Arch link is on? I'm grasping at straws, but if it's isolated to when the link is on....
    I'm guessing you've already tried it, but maybe not. Turn on the temp VG and set the arch link to Custom. Turn all all the annotation in the Arch link. Then turn off all the model categories. See if that does anything. Then go and turn back on only the things you want. Wall, Doors, Windows....
    Just a thought.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Same problem, no links.

same settings, same view. Prints correct, elements are selectable when you hover over them. some annotations remain visible. everything else disappears.

cropped region - orphogonal.PNG

cropped region - modified.PNG

Login to Give a bone

It appears that this is still an issue in 2019. Is there a fix I am unaware of for this????

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast