See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Attribute List

Login to Give a bone

Default Attribute List

I currently have a standard set of drawing titles that are dependent on the file name. Is there anyway that I can automate this to read the current file name and replace the "title" attribute in my titleblock with a specific value?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Attribute List

Quote Originally Posted by jayhay35365091 View Post
    I currently have a standard set of drawing titles that are dependent on the file name. Is there anyway that I can automate this to read the current file name and replace the "title" attribute in my titleblock with a specific value?
    Try using a Field... While editing the attribute's value, right click and choose 'Insert Field...', then select Document in Field Category, Filename in Field Names, and the appropriate options in middle, and right side of dialog.

When that functionality becomes insufficient, and it will in time, look to Sheet Set Manager (SSM) paired with your attributed title block populate with Fields... I can make sheet set wide, or sheet=specific changes (to title block) without opening a single drawing, and print. Done.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Fields can be clunky with they way they update in XREFs. If that's an issue for you, look at DIESEL strings using RTEXT to grab system variables like: file name, location, user, timestamp, etc. RTEXT updates continuously and is much leaner than fields are.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by ngwalters412556 View Post
    Fields can be clunky with they way they update in XREFs. If that's an issue for you, look at DIESEL strings using RTEXT to grab system variables like: file name, location, user, timestamp, etc. RTEXT updates continuously and is much leaner than fields are.
    RText is highly limited on what it is capable of doing (mostly due to DIESEL's inherent lack of functionality), and is a custom Object Type that isn't even exposed to .NET API directly.

Fields are exponentially more capable, allow for formatting of queried values, and should exist in the drawing their printed with... I'm shocked that anyone is still XREFing their title blocks, frankly (I am spoiled by C3D's Plans Production Tools though)... Suffice it to say that I respectfully disagree here.

Cheers

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I have considered fields but my client specificly states that no fields shall be used in the drawing. I current have written a lisp that will read the file name and change the drawing number in the titleblock to that value without the .dwg at the end. What I am actually looking for is a way to read the drawing number (ex. GBG-ESWD-ELE-LST-MCB-0001) and based on the last four groups of values change the title to a predetermined value in a list (ex. ELECTRICAL - DRAWING INDEX). There would have to be a way to supress the drawing number prefix when it is read since these will change from job to job (ex. GBG-ESWD-) but i am not sure how to exclude this.

Login to Give a bone

I have considered fields but my client specificly states that no fields shall be used in the drawing.
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard... But I don't pay your contract invoices.

I have considered fields but my client specificly states that no fields shall be used in the drawing. I current have written a lisp that will read the file name and change the drawing number in the titleblock to that value without the .dwg at the end. What I am actually looking for is a way to read the drawing number (ex. GBG-ESWD-ELE-LST-MCB-0001) and based on the last four groups of values change the title to a predetermined value in a list (ex. ELECTRICAL - DRAWING INDEX). There would have to be a way to supress the drawing number prefix when it is read since these will change from job to job (ex. GBG-ESWD-) but i am not sure how to exclude this.
    This is pretty simple to do... Can you post a list of all predetermined values (i.e., sequence1 == value1, sequence2 == value2, etc.)?

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

Ive attached a notepad document with the designated values.
    Attached Files Attached Files