Thread: Dealing with MEP systems in REVIT similar Buildings

Login to Give a bone

Default Dealing with MEP systems in REVIT similar Buildings

Dear colleagues,

I am working now in 3 similar Buildings (similarity up to 70%),

My Question is how to do similar works one time in one building, and, transfer it to the two other buildings without repeating it.

I try to model them in external file and link it into the three building files, but in this way, we can't connect linked elements with current model elements.

Also, I try to take similar works as a group in the first building and, copy and paste it into the two other buildings, but this way produced a problem in wiring system as follows:

Lighting fixtures, wiring, panels, switches are completely pasted but they are not reading wiring system which means that we will create wiring system again.

Also, this means that we will rework some of similar works.

I would like to refer that there is about 30% of different works between the three buildings.

Again, my Question is how to do similar works one time in one building, and, transfer it to the two other buildings without repeating it.

Thanks,

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dealing with MEP systems in REVIT similar Buildings

there's no way to get the circuits and loads to read from another file. you can also not circuit devices from a linked file. you can copy the devices and panels once placed in one file, but you'll have to circuit them each separately.
    if you're not using revit's loads/panel schedules, you could show circuit numbers and wiring in a master file, and use 'by linked view' from the master file in your individual building files, that would show those circuit numbers and wiring, but they would not be calculated or show in the secondary files.
    hth,
    mike

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Dealing with MEP systems in REVIT similar Buildings

Would it be possible for you to take one model as far as possible through design and then do a saveas to create the other two models? This would allow you to keep circuits, etc. that can't otherwise be copied between models. If not you're probably best off copying/pasting content between models throughout the process and recreating the circuits from scratch.