Thread: Hatched Logo Not Printing Correctly.

Login to Give a bone

Default Hatched Logo Not Printing Correctly.

I have a logo that was created using a solid hatch. It has a lot of polylines defining the edges. I received a new computer with AutoCAD 2015 and now the logo looks like it is printing at a very low resolution. Everything else in the drawing looks normal. I attached a couple jpegs of what is going on. It happens with multiple printer drivers and looks the same whether I print a PDF, DWF or on paper. Anyone have any suggestions to try?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slaga; 2014-10-02 at 12:48 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Hatched Logo Not Printing Correctly.

Can you post a dwg version of the logo for us to look at?
    I have no idea at this point.

Also, are you using plots styles, (ctb or stb) and if so can you post that too?

BTW I only have Acad 2013, so if you could save it down if needed that would be good.
    I don't know if the format is different.

Did the logo work before you switched to 2015?

Login to Give a bone

My employer will not allow me to post a dwg of the logo or the ctb files. Others in my department have AutoCAD 2014 and have no issues printing from the exact same file. I had no issues either until I received this new computer with AutoCAD 2015 installed. This logo is the only issue. Everything else looks just fine.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by slaga View Post
    I have a logo that was created using a solid hatch. It has a lot of polylines defining the edges. I received a new computer with AutoCAD 2015 and now the logo looks like it is printing at a very low resolution. Everything else in the drawing looks normal. I attached a couple jpegs of what is going on. It happens with multiple printer drivers and looks the same whether I print a PDF, DWF or on paper. Anyone have any suggestions to try?
    Are the polylines still in the logo block? Are they on a printable layer? Are the lineweights controlled via the drawing or the Plot Style table?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by slaga View Post
    I know this is old, but did you ever find a solution to this problem? We are having the exact same problem, where one person cannot print out our new logo, but not on all drawings. We have different borders for different types of drawings, and some work fine, and others the logo comes out looking like it was drawn by a 6 year old.

The logo consists solely of hatches and splines.

I cannot replicate the issue on my machine (we have identical computers), and we should be doing everything the same.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Plot driver, maybe? Is the same driver and version being used?
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

As far as I know, yes. Those are controlled by IT, so they should all be the same.

I'm thinking it's the splines, since those are the only letters that get messed up (the H and the L's are fine, those are done with plines).

Login to Give a bone

Can you try separating the hatch boundary linework from the hatches?
    jUSt