Thread: Max not working as intended for multiple users

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Max not working as intended for multiple users

Hi,

We have several seats of NFR stand alone 3ds Max Design 2013 in a training room. It was installed as the administrator staight from the installer, rather than as a deployment.

Whenever a student logs into the machine & opens max it sets all the support files as C:\user\administrator\... rather than as the end user name logged in.

Is this a known issue & if so does anyone know of a fix, I'm happy to doctor ini files or the reg if anyone can tell me the details of what to change & where it resides.

Kind regards

Ben

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Max not working as intended for multiple users

If by this you mean you are loosing all the maps and tutorial files etc (the structure of 3DS as it was installed by the administrator - since they cant access that account) - then yes (well you used to be able to - I'm still on an older version) you can edit the .ini file to remap the 'common files' to a central location (we used to put them all on a server directory with read only permissions - which stopped students trashing tutorial files). If 3DS has to look at each students own server login folder for all the support files it would be a huge duplication of data, but you will need to teach them where to save their own files.

Note this information may be out of date now - perhaps someone working with can Design 2013 will correct me if i'm wrong.