Thread: Anchored Tool Palette Moving

Login to Give a bone

Default Anchored Tool Palette Moving

I have my tool palettes toolbar "Anchored Left" with my properties toolbar anchored above it. Sporadically throughout the day, the properties toolbar will move below the tool palette. I then have to change the tool palette toolbar to "Anchor Right" and back to left to put in back in the right place. I have LOCKUI set to 15 which is supposed to lock all the toolbars. No other toolbars move - I have the XREF toolbar and DesignCenter anchored on the right side and they have never moved. Any ideas?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Anchored Tool Palette Moving

I cannot offer an actual solution, but can note that I have found the ordering of anchored palettes to be somewhat less than predictable. I do not believe I have had a problem with them becoming reordered during a session (do you have a customization that turns off the Properties palette prior to some operation and then turn it back on?), but the order on first open is not always the order I prefer. I typically have automatic saving of workspace changes turned off, and have had reasonable luck in saving a workspace with the desired order and being able to restore that workspace to get the palettes back in my preferred order. That may not be much less effort that toggling the side to which the Properties palette is anchored, however.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Anchored Tool Palette Moving

Thanks for the suggestion to not automatically save the workspace changes. At least then when it happens, I can just restore back to my original workspace.