Thread: Using an Annotative Family to control a Detail Family.

Login to Give a bone

Default Using an Annotative Family to control a Detail Family.

Is it possible to control or associate a detail family parameter from parameters of an annotative family?

I am creating a Sheet that will be my Starting View. On that Sheet will be all the Title Block information and Contractor requirements. I would like the options of the Contractor requirements to be associated and control the Yes/No parameters of Detail Families when they are loaded into the project. I am opened to using a different view or sheet from the Title Block info to accomplish this if I need to.

It looks like a detail family cannot be loaded into an annotative family to associate the parameters, and I am not sure if I am using the Shared parameters correctly.

FYI, Somewhat new to creating families and looking for simple directions.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using an Annotative Family to control a Detail Family.

Wanted to follow up on this in case someone had a similar questioned. I worked around my issue by inserting the Typ. Type Family on the Starting View with a few instruction. This kept the typical family that will change through out the job in once place. This is saved in the template. So the user starts the template and sets this Family to the parameters needed, when the family is inserted it will be set to the proper settings needed. If for some reason something changes in the job, the user just needs to go to the original start view and make the changes. I am opened to other suggestions.