Thread: Copy from RFA to RVT

Login to Give a bone

Default Copy from RFA to RVT

I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

I have a bunch of details from a previous project in Revit that I'm wanting to use in my current project. These details are drawn as a Detail Item Family w/ Detail Components making up it's content. This detail family is then loaded in to the previous Project, then annotated in the that Project. The problems I'm having are:

1. I can't keynote the individual detail components because they are nested in the larger detail component.
    2. I can't copy these individual detail components out into a different file because it's trying to copy from a RFA to an RVT.

So, am I stuck with having to remodel these details? I've attached a copy of the file to show the mess I'm trying to clean up?

PROJECTOR MOUNT- UNISTRUT ASSEMBLY FROM SIDE.rvt

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Copy from RFA to RVT

did you nest everything so that they could be quickly transferred between projects? I often map out my details w 3d revit geometry, and then once i've traced all of the elements over with filled regions and detail items, I transfer everything to a drafting view. that way the details can be transferred to a new project. Can you 'share' your detail items so that they can get tagged in the project environment?
    Last edited by Limbatus; 2014-11-10 at 11:36 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Copy from RFA to RVT

jonszcz,

Your nested DC families are not shared. That is the problem. Upon checking the Shared checkbox in the nested DC family, loading it back into your parent family and then into your project file, you will be able to keynote the nested, now shared, DC's. No need to redraw

Nested Family Shared Tickbox.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by jonszcz View Post
    I apologize if this has been mentioned before.

I have a bunch of details from a previous project in Revit that I'm wanting to use in my current project. These details are drawn as a Detail Item Family w/ Detail Components making up it's content. This detail family is then loaded in to the previous Project, then annotated in the that Project. The problems I'm having are:

1. I can't keynote the individual detail components because they are nested in the larger detail component.
    2. I can't copy these individual detail components out into a different file because it's trying to copy from a RFA to an RVT.

So, am I stuck with having to remodel these details? I've attached a copy of the file to show the mess I'm trying to clean up?

PROJECTOR MOUNT- UNISTRUT ASSEMBLY FROM SIDE.rvt