See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Overriding phasing graphics via view properties

Login to Give a bone

Default Overriding phasing graphics via view properties

I have a large project with many doors and windows that are being demolished and replaced. Instead of applying the doors to phases and the walls infilling and having to place new doors and windows everywhere, I'd like to just change the graphics of the doors and windows. I want to then save the view's "visibility graphics override" as a view template so I could apply to it the multiple other views I have. I tried playing around with the phase filter and phase graphic override but that wasn't working either and I don't want to mess with those too much anyway. The only way I could get a result similar to what I wanted (doors and windows to look like they are to be demolished in one view but not another) was to select the element itself and "override by element." However, selecting the element and doing either "override by element" or "override by category" would still take a significant amount of time as there are many groups and I would have to go into each group and do that.

Is there a way I can get the doors and windows to be graphically overridden in the view's "visibility/graphic override" so I can set it as a view template. That seems to be the most time efficient solution.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Overriding phasing graphics via view properties

The recommended way is to use Phases and Phase Filters because it gets applied tp all 2d and 3d views.

However, to use VGO and view templates (for plans and elevations) you need to edit the door and window families, create two new object style subcategories (for both walls and windows) named Demo Lines, Non Demo lines. Make the demo line subcategory dashed. Then draw symbolic lines and use the cut / projected Demo line style etc. For the non demo lines use the non demo solid line style (cut or projection). Reload the window / door into the project. Now you can us VG to turn on / off each sub category per view and view template. It will work. You just need to do some family editing.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Overriding phasing graphics via view properties

Hi,
    On the manage tab, select Project parameters, and create a new instance parameter called "Condition", and make sure you check the doors category.
    Once you have the parameter, then in the Visability Graphics dialogue, select the Filters tab, and make a filter that calls on the value of the parameter, and applies your desired graphic override setting.
    Save as a view template, and apply it to several views as desired.