Thread: Revit Architecture - Australia \ New Zealand

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Question Revit Architecture - Australia \ New Zealand

At the moment, the standard Revit templates still don't conform to the Australian \ New Zealand standards for graphical hatch patterns -- these standards (refer to A.S. 1100.301) have been around since 1980s, so by now Revit should have caught up -- is Autodesk responsible for correcting this OOTB, so every BIM manager doesn't need to customise their own ? P.S.: Apologies for putting this in the U.K. subforum -- there doesn't appear to be a way to create a thread directly under localisation.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Architecture - Australia \ New Zealand

It's up to you (or your BIM Manager) to create the template you need for your area and company. The OOTB template is only a starting point. Probably the only difference between a UK, US or AUS template is the project units are set differently.

Besides, each company does things differently to get the same result. If someone setup a OOTB template for what they thought was "Standard Practice" some BIM Manager will be cursing in Adelaide that they have to strip the template and start over.
    Michael "MP" Patrick
    "I only drink :coffee: until it's acceptable to drink :beer: or :whiskey: or :wine:"

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit Architecture - Australia \ New Zealand

Hatch-22 is a good program for creating custom hatch patterns. I think a little google searching and you'd be able to find some others for free as well.