Thread: problems with larger definitions

Director of Operations David Harrington's Avatar

Default problems with larger definitions

I've recently started trying to learn Dynamo to be build a bridge model in RST 2014. It is quite interesting but I would image large programs get a little confusing since you can't read the function titles until you zoom in.
    Take care,
    David Harrington
    AUGI Director of Operations

Default Re: problems with larger definitions

I am happy to see there is a Dynamo forum on AUGI since it seems that Dynamo is going to be included with Revit from now on. I would agree that larger dynamo definitions would get a little hard since you do need to zoom in. I guess though how much different is working on a large building? You still need to zoom in to see detail in an area. Yes, I know not the same. You should submit a request to the Dynamo team.

Default Re: problems with larger definitions

That may be a good time to use some custom nodes. Even if you have no plans to reuse the code in the custom node in other Dynamo graphs, breaking a complex task into logical sub-tasks and then setting up a custom node for each sub-task may make the main graph more readable, and could reduce the number of nodes when looking at the code behind any one custom node.

Or, you could just group nodes into sub-tasks with some white space around each sub-task to make it easier to focus on each subtask.