Thread: Electrical newbie: trying to get a lighting circuit added to panel. The Voltage for the Circuit is out of range for L-L"

Login to Give a bone

Default Electrical newbie: trying to get a lighting circuit added to panel. The Voltage for the Circuit is out of range for L-L"

Tearing my hair out over this. My receptacles seem to get added to to the panel without any problem and identified. I thought all of my lights were having problems but two of them were ok. Here's the basic plan as of now:

When I attempt to add the ceiling fan (in blue), the recessed lights (yellow) or the sconce light (red) individually to the panel I get the following error:

Ideally I'd like the fan, recessed lights and sconce light in the stairway on the same circuit.

Here are the panel's connector properties:

Voltage definitions:

Distribution Systems:

Connector properties for the individual families and my system browser in the next post.

I'd really like to learn how to put together simple electrical layouts like this. It's getting very confusing. I've done this in the past by simply using text to identify circuit ID's and creating panel schedules out of detail lines and text. I'd love to be able to have one generated automatically. What am I missing?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Electrical newbie: trying to get a lighting circuit added to panel. The Voltage for the Circuit is out of range for L-L"

Ceiling fan:

Recessed Light:

Sconce Light:

To my amazement the exterior lights were able to be added to the panel and properly assigned a Circuit number. Here are those connector properties:

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Electrical newbie: trying to get a lighting circuit added to panel. The Voltage for the Circuit is out of range for L-L"

I continued working through this and the answer is clear as day in what's above: the number of poles for all those fixtures was incorrectly set to 2. Not sure when or why I did that but it seems to have resolved mostly all my issues.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Yep. I'd advise creating parameters in your families that are linked to the connector element properties so you can adjust that stuff without entering the family editor.