Thread: 'Layer Manager' column order

Wish List Administration

Default 'Layer Manager' column order

Summary: The 'Layer Manager' needs a 'persistent' option for user defined column order.

Description: I don't care for the column order in the 'Layer Manager' dialog box, and I've rearranged it to make sense to me; but AutoCAD doesn't allow the column layout to be persistent from drawing to drawing and session to session.

How about a setting to allow the user to rearrange the column layout once and not have to do it over and over and over again, or just say the hell with it as I do.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - Layer

Submitted By: Matthew Nicholas on 11/16/2014

Default Re: 'Layer Manager' column order

Remembering filter settings would be good, too.

[I put each xref on a separate layer and use the inverted xref filter - which never sticks]

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post

[I put each xref on a separate layer and use the inverted xref filter - which never sticks]
    I added a Filter Drop-down to my custom Layers panel with the AutoCAD commands LayerSaveFilterTree and LayerLoadFilterTree as well as a lisp macro that loads a custom set of xref filters.
    Code:
     ; (load "LayFilterAdd.lsp")
    ; ^C^C^P(or LayFilterAdd (load "LayFilterAdd.lsp"));(LayFilterAdd)
    ; Save, close and reopen the DWT or DWG for the Filters to be put into alphabetical order.
    (defun LayFilterAdd (/ collection names)
      (setq names (list ""))
      (if (not (vl-catch-all-error-p (setq collection (vl-catch-all-apply
        (function (lambda () (vla-item (vla-getextensiondictionary (vla-get-layers (vla-get-activedocument (vlax-get-acad-object)))) "ACAD_LAYERFILTERS")))
      ))))
    ;  (vlax-for item collection (setq names (cons (strcase (vla-get-name item)) names))))
      (vlax-for item collection (setq names (cons (vla-get-name item) names))))
      names
      (or(member "NODE" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"*-NODE*\"" "NODE" "X" nil))
      (or(member "Sections" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"C-ROAD-SEC*\"" "Sections" "X" nil))
      (or(member "Profile" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"C-ROAD-PROF*\"" "Profile" "X" nil))
      (or(member "Topo" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"C-TOPO*\"" "Topo" "X" nil))
      (or(member "CALC Points" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"V-NODE-CALC\"" "CALC Points" "X" nil))
      (or(member "Only xrefs" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"*|*\"" "Only xrefs" "X" nil))
      (or(member "No xrefs" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"~*|*\"" "No xrefs" "X" nil))
      (or(member "Linetype" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "LINETYPE==\"~Continuous\"" "Linetype" "X" nil))
    ;  (or(member "No NCS" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"~@-*\"" "No NCS" "X" nil))
      (or(member "No NCS" names)(command "._-layer" "filter" "new" "property" "All" "NAME==\"~[A,C,E,L,V]-*\"" "No NCS" "X" nil))
      (princ "Layer Filter Names » ")(princ names)
      (princ "\nSave, close and reopen the DWT or DWG for the Filters to be put into alphabetical order.")
      (princ)
    ); function
    (LayFilterAdd)
    The added filters are mine, but I cannot recall where I found the original code.
    HTH,

Quote Originally Posted by jaberwok View Post
    Manually entered filters (upper right corner) are persistent between opening and closing of the layer palette (note that this does not apply to the classiclayer dialog)
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |