Thread: RCP & NWC Mix in Navisworks 2015

Login to Give a bone

Default RCP & NWC Mix in Navisworks 2015

Ok,

I'm making to jump to posting a thread here (I'm a newbie poster), as I'm completely stuck and need some perspective on this problem...

I have an RCP file (which I've started off with an obj and lots of jpegs, converted in MeshLab and exported to .dae for a Collada2las tool, then put into CloudCompare to generate a .e57 for ReCap) along with an NWC of MEP & Arch separately exported out from Revit 2015 R2. I put in the Point Cloud into Navis Manage 2015 with no problems apart from refresh rate, but as soon as I put the NWC or RVT into Navis it causes the Point Cloud to vanish completely! Has anyone tried and come across this? The MEP from Revit has been created in Revit but the Arch originates from an ifc 2x3; yes there are some odd things from the import but nothing compared to the R2014 import. The MEP was also upgraded from R2012 a while back.

Any guidance/advice on this would be really appreciated! I'm relatively new to working with Point Clouds so anything I may not be considering would come in real handy...

Lewis

Certifiable AUGI Addict dhurtubise's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: RCP & NWC Mix in Navisworks 2015

Does it vanish meaning its not the the selection tree anymore or you simply don't see it in the view. I'm guessing the answer is you don't see it there fore i suspect a coordinate issue.

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Could also be the 3D objects eclipsing the individual points. A screen shot would speak a thousand words.

Login to Give a bone

It's still in the selection tree (both the NWC & RCP as I imported them separately) but if I hide one the other shows up

Coordinates was a problem with bringing in a PTS file as a test...didn't bring any RGB values (which I kind of expected) but it changed the orientation and position of the point cloud compared with the NWC (this is where my knowledge of point clouds ends, not sure why this is). I'm assuming it wouldn't take a coordinate system through if I geo-referenced the point cloud in ReCap and exported out?

Login to Give a bone

nwc file.jpg

rcpappended.jpg

Ok not sure if this will work...I've attached two images (one with the nwc file and the other with the rcp file appended in (tried merging too but with no change in result). Both images have some 3D view points from the Revit file almost to act as a reference point to viewing them, but the appending of the rcp just makes everything vanish...oddly enough though, if I scroll the click-wheel (so look up/down from a human perspective) I can see the nwc but not the rcp (third image attached!)
    odd.jpg

Thanks for responding to this both...