Thread: REVIT - Families Assistance

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default REVIT - Families Assistance

Hey All, wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post. I had a sort of Urgent question wasn't able to find the answer just yet.
    I'm new to making families in Revit, I understand some of the basics and what not. I'm trying to model an advanced model for a project.
    The family I'm looking to create would be of 8 HV switchgears with the house pads, and U/G vaults. Also showing the conduits/ bus ducts connections through them. Including the transformers.
    At the moment I have just created my generic models of the switchgears / transformers, but I want to add more detail but not sure how.

I've attached an image for my current model. Eventually it will be a 3D detail.

I'd like to learn how to make my model more functional as in making it look more realistic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: REVIT - Families Assistance

Quote Originally Posted by lutu1991683926 View Post
    Hey All, wasn't sure if this was the right forum to post. I had a sort of Urgent question wasn't able to find the answer just yet.
    I'm new to making families in Revit, I understand some of the basics and what not. I'm trying to model an advanced model for a project.
    The family I'm looking to create would be of 8 HV switchgears with the house pads, and U/G vaults. Also showing the conduits/ bus ducts connections through them. Including the transformers.
    At the moment I have just created my generic models of the switchgears / transformers, but I want to add more detail but not sure how.

I've attached an image for my current model. Eventually it will be a 3D detail.

I'd like to learn how to make my model more functional as in making it look more realistic.
    I'll go ahead and move it from bim management to the families forum. Congrats on making your first post!
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost