Thread: BIM & Revit migration

Login to Give a bone

Default BIM & Revit migration

Hi all,
    I'm a member of a building services (MEP) staff in an architectural firm. The architects which we have to work does not have good feeling with the BIM and revit philosophy. Most of them work with autocad and sketchup softwares.
    I have to set up a presentation that explain all the BIM and revit philosophy benefits and to convince the architecture staff. My strategy will be to focus to the green building needs, bill of materials, ...
    All I need is your return of some similar experience or situations and feedbacks. Which elements do you think is important for a work methodology transitions ? ...
    Thanks a lot

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BIM & Revit migration

I would focus on what you think will have the greatest resistance or least amount of education amongst those you are presenting too. Don't cover things that don't need to be covered. I know there are great features and tools, but if it doesn't appeal to your crowd or it's not their main concern then you're wasting precious time.

I have done short presentations overviewing BIM and the many software platforms and how each of them impact the design/construction process. Talking about how the software and practices a single firm uses can greatly impact the rest of the team. This is usually well received and leads to some great questions within my groups.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: BIM & Revit migration

Thanks for your reply. I agree that no all the BIM advantages have to be covered. I think I have to focuse the presentation on green building design process. I thought about sun path & green building studio vs mass and show the schedules changes when mass change..
    Are they other similar ideas that will be benefits ? Thanks a lot